anyone has ever been successful with real estate property site?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Jan 20, 2011.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I worked with a construction and property development company here in Ireland for a few years. The company developed and sold residential and commercial property locally and my role was in sales and marketing, so I have some experience of the industry.

Purchasing a property is a high involvement and high value decision for the vast majority of buyers. Hence, they generally want to visit the property a number of times before they sign a contract.

Property investors evaluate properties in a different way to those purchasing a home for themselves and their families. The investor is primarily interested in figures and the financial return that can be made on the property. The home owner is looking for somewhere that they love, that they can afford and where they will be happy.

The property market has been hit hard by the global financial crisis, with property prices falling substantially in most major markets, including the US, Europe and the Middle East. However, as countries begin to come out of recession we will hopefully see a reverse of this trend in the future.

Are you planning on selling properties online? Will you be selling those properties to local or international buyers? Will you be selling to investors or to home owners who will live there?

Are you looking for help with building your website, reaching your target market, SEO, a combination of these or something else?

[Moving thread to Business Advice & New Biz / Website Ideas section!]

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not sure if selling to foreigners will work. although some of the US citizen here actually own properties such as beach resorts. [its illegal though] but yes i'm gonna sell it online. i'll be in thier program soon, someone from them will train me to be a broker.. then i'll sell it online..
    i'll call them whenever someone inquire about the properties and then someone from them will guide to the actual place.

i actually thought it will work even just by looking at the image. dyou think this will?

and i mean i have a travel site of this city which i think, receives traffic from people who might just be a prospect buyer.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Having a travel site of the city would certainly be complimentary to owning a site promoting property there and I can see how the two of them would work very well together. Some of the people who travel to an area will inevitably be interested in purchasing a property there and even locals will use a travel site to find out more about the area where they live.

The pictures you linked to on FaceBook certainly looked very appealing and would help to make visitors to your site interested in property in that area.

Will you be paid for every lead you pass on or will you receive a commission from every property sale?

Commissions related to property sales can be quite high, due to the high value of property and I can see how this could work out well for you. Good luck with it.

5. gakbisatidur

gakbisatidur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

never....i worked with my friend...failed:(

i worked alone...failed:(

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What kind of business did you try gakbisatidur? What do you feel are the reasons the business failed?

7. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will definitely work..but you need to do a little bit of seo.Seo will hep you in increasing your sites visibility which in turn will increase visitors for your site & there are more chances of conversion.. :)

8. abi5684

abi5684
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

For get revenue from the real estate online business means you need to work hard for it.. First thing, you need a BEST & FLEXIBLE website to use for.. Next one is you need data feeds which you can get it easily now a days.. Next one is SEO needs to be done to make our site to be in Page 1 rank... Also in recent trend we need to adapt some more marketing strategies also to plunge the market shares.... Basically this domain needs more investment than expectation...

9. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm pretty sure this is a highly competitive Internet market. You will definitely need solid SEO, and a lot of backlinks. If your target market is in the United States, a good place to advertise your properties is craigslist.com. The site in itself is very competitive, as people are constantly advertising their products, but it would definitely be a good resource for attracting potential buyers and it should provide a solid backlink. If you do use this route, do some research on the area of the US that are most likely to buy overseas properties and then advertise your site in that city. I would guess wealthy cities, ie. San Diego, Boston, San Francisco (Silicon Valley) and maybe even a retirement community area like Scotsdale, Arizona (very wealthy area).

10. seorahulchauhan

seorahulchauhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are many persons who are starts real estate or property website and gets success. For getting success in any business is knowledge of the business and market research and understanding of the business deeply.