anyone got hit by panda last 24th?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by daytrader, Sep 29, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda has been updated last 24th as they said. My site is nowhere to be found unless is search the url of my site in google. Hope to recover later.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry to hear that ownedbox. What type of site was it? Why do you think you were hit?

3. williamluke01

williamluke01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda or penguin hit your site?i think this one is penguin update effect by low rank spamming sites.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't see my main site when it usually rank in the 2nd position of the primary keyword I promote. And so are my competitors lol.. Luckily, its forum went to the 7th position. I can't believe google did this when its in fact updated regularly and have good contents. I've read earlier that google targeted those EMDs which has high traffic and almost no valuable contents. now this isn't what my site is as far as i know.

Any tips how I can recover?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In lieu about Google targeting EMD'S - http://www.seroundtable.com/google-emd-update-15776.html

IMO, this might mean that WE should all start not just about quality linking and content, but also to branding and not naming our sites with the use of keywords in domains. As simple as that - if G is not pleased with EMDs, then brand your product. :) However, it does not mean that when you brand - you then rank back to where you are. It is like a huge paradigm shift in the SEM world right now which is happening.

Regards,
    Mark T

• Like Like x 1
  7. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that may a miner update not full at all. My site is working good and no effect on the ranking as well traffic.

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

somebody said linking all your site is the cause, is it?

9. larryfinch

larryfinch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only time and persistent work can solve this issue.

10. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sites seem to be bouncing around in the rankings so I'd suggest sitting tight for a week or two to see what the effect is. Google is probably taking away whatever positive effect an EMD had on rankings. In other words, if you had named your website "ChicagoPlumber(dot)com" you are not going to get a huge boost for that keyword over a competitor called "SmithAndSons(dot)com". Your site may still rank based on the other 200 or so factors the Google algorithm, but the EMD is not going to shoot you to the top.

As much as it may hurt a couple of my little EMDs, I think in the long run it makes a lot of sense. There are only a few dozen good potential EMDs for, say, Chicago plumbers, and most have been taken. Google should be delivering the most relevant search results, not preferring the companies that were able to jump on those ideal EMDs. Google's job is to deliver the best sites that match a particular search, not the sites that have figured out the best SEO tricks.

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you Business Attorney - but then isn't it that the best sites that match a particular search are mostly just the same with the ones that figured out the best SEO trick for their pages with respect to the recent algo updates of Google? SEO trick in a way that it is not black hat.

I mean, you can do any SEO trick yet still not match or get ranked well on a particular search, while some who also figured it out the same way are ranking well. IMO, the difference comes into how information is relayed [content-user engagement], how users were valued when they landed a page [engagement and duration of users in a page], and of course, how your keywords are distributed in your pages, as well as the density of your brand name within your pages.

Just a hunch, what you think?

Regards,
    Mark T.

12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think the premium EMDs todays will depreciate?

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I hope not :) Personally I think if a site has quality content and has not used any black-hat SEO methods it will have nothing to worry about. The fact that it is on an EMD, should not negatively affect it's rankings, by itself.

14. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

15. WebNet Host

WebNet Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I sure did as well