Anyone good with naming a blog?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by LittleOne, Aug 16, 2015.

1. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am looking to start a fun blog with my sister and her two kids and we cannot figure a name out.

What we are doing:

We will be doing a video blog with tutorials on fun projects to do with your kids: art projects, science experiments, building a birdhouse etc. Nothing serious, just a way to spend time together and learn about blogging/building a website as a family(if we do end up making a profit we plan on putting it into a college fund for the kiddos).

If you can think of any good names we would love to hear from you! It doesn't have to be keyword sensitive, it can be fun or kooky, but any help would be appreciated.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not good at naming but I would suggest that you scan the internet for words related to fun. When the Philippines tourism department was looking for a slogan, there were a lot of suggestions but they chose More Fun in the Philippines because the word fun is known by everyone and it clearly denotes something. So maybe like Fun in the Family or something like that will do for me.

3. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

People can give you many suggestions for the name of your blog, but ultimately you are the one who has to select the name.

I suggest you try the domainbot that helps your ideas get a suitable name.

4. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The name of your blog should be relevant to your niche and should be something simple and memorable. Family Fun or Activities For Kids would be suitable names. Once you come up with a name you will, however, need to check that it's not already being used. Finding a name not already in use can be quite difficult.

5. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know the name should be relevant to the niche, I was just hoping to find some fresh perspective. Ive put together lists of all the words and relevant names... I just haven't been able to find one that is memorable.

6. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You don't need a domain name that is memorable. Think of sites like perezhilton. Not that catchy but it's one of the most popular celebrity gossip blogs.

I think that as long as you can keep your domain name short and have it identify what the site visitors will find on the site, that would be good enough.

There are also a number of tools you can use to get domain suggestions. Just search for "domain suggestions tools" and you'll find them.