Anyone filed a lawsuit against someone who spreads wrong information ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Jul 14, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone filed a lawsuit against someone who spreads wrong information and libelous things becuase instead of talking to the head, he instead talk to clients and started to say wrong information?

We tried to ask him why he did post malicious info in our facebook group page as a "notice to explain". But he instaed didn't reply but talk to some clients that we are going to terminate him immediately when we first just want him to tell us to explain. The feect of what he did made confusions to clients and that they were asking why we're making it hard for him.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't actually filed a law suit against someone but I did send solicitors letters and get the police involved in a case, with someone who was posting malicious and dangerous content about me online. This person was doing stuff like posting religious hate messages on forums, whilst pretending to be me. He wouldn't listen to reason or stop what he was doing until he got a solicitor's letter and contacted by the police.

Is the person in this instance ownedbox, in the same country as you?

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. He is one of our technician. We already suspended him for it and he emphatically told some clients that we did terminate. So now clients demands his presence in our workplace. What he actually were posting was that me as a part owner of this tech business was given the funds to renovate the lab, buy new equipments and etc. but just put it in my pocket. It maybe true but we didn't buy any thing yet because we still are trying to contact people/companies who will probably continuously supply us with discounts.

I tried to ask a relative which is currently studying law, he accompanied me to an atty who created a letter. Can't remember what its called. but I think it states that he will need to explain it within 15 days. If not we'll terminate him. And this time he will have no support from department of labor. Is this the right thing?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country is this happening in ownedbox, is it the Philippines?

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. in the Philippines. I'm know nothing about laws, aren't all country laws almost alike? I know countries have labor code.

And if I mention his name here he might just see it. He is also knowledgeable about how google works

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Different countries have different employment laws and procedures. In Ireland the government department that deals with business has a section that accepts phone calls from employers and employees, concerning employment law. They will give advice on employment law, free of charge. I wonder if you can find something similar in the Philippines by contacting the relevant government departments.