Anyone else working on their business strategy?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Matt Castro, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Matt Castro

Matt Castro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. I just joined the Forum and am interested to know if anyone else is working on trying to build their own business strategy? Not so much building the business plan to get started, but working on the strategy for an existing business. How's it going?

2. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the forum Matt, yes I make strategies for my business according to the situations I face. There are many times that if I stick to my old plans it backfires so it has to be analyzed carefully to know what caused the trouble. Once I was making a deal on importing high voltage bulbs where as on the other side companies were marketing energy savers, when I came to know of it the deal had to be canceled and a new plan was made to meet the market demands and hence it changed the strategy.

3. shnoop

shnoop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Matt Castro, I think one should not be stick for one plan. it should be according to situation.

4. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, nice to meet you here, there are a lack of strategic planning within companies in my country, so I here i try to learn morre about planning.

5. Matt Castro

Matt Castro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, so far, folks. The idea of 'varying strategy by situation' is kind of the basis for my question. Not so much what your strategy is, but the process. How have you actually done it? Did you follow some method? Hire a consultant?

@mysandyda: what resource or ideas have you found so far in BAF that's been valuable? What are you currently struggling with?

6. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I constantly examine my business strategy and see what I can do for my business that will make it work. A business strategy needs to be constantly updated according to the way you are running your business, and according to the different clients one serves. Part of the business strategy includes analysis, integration and implementation. Every action I take for my business that will have an impact on the normal way of things has to be dealt with accordingly.

7. LFinkle

LFinkle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business planning includes business strategy. One couldn't even begin to write a business plan without thinking about a business strategy. And strategy can include a lot of things from services or products you offer to how to market to getting into new markets and a whole host of other things. I create a busines plan every year and I am always assessing the plan and the strategy. One thing I do is every day ask myself what is the one thing I can do today to move my business forward.