Any way to rank higher in Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Gulfstreambugs, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gulfstreambugs

Gulfstreambugs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have try all things like content, back link and on-page etc, but still my website gulfstreambugs.com rank nowhere, please advice me what else i can do to boost my ranking.:confused:

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at the source for your website, and found a lot of scripts and code, but very little content. There's also a lot of "stuff" on every page that may not need to be there. Also, in the content you do have, did you actually use the keyword you want to be ranked for? As far as links, where are you linking to? Are you linking to the home page, or to the page searchers want to go to when they are looking for your service. For example, if someone has a problem with carpenter ants, they would probably want to go to this page. Are any of your backlinks for keywords related to carpenter ants going to that page? The same thing applies to other pages. You want the search for a keyword to list a related page, so your backlinks need to go to the related page. Your homepage can be listed under more general keywords.

3. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go ahead with social signals. I mean promote your product or services whatever it may be in the social platforms which would give a good hype to the rankings. And make sure what ever you do, it should be in a natural way so that Google should not ban it in any consequence.

4. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content marketing and SEO take time. Keep patience and regularly promote using white hat SEO methods. Use different methods like social media, PPC to drive more traffic. As I have seen that your business is targeting local audience so it will be good for you if you add your business to Google Local.

5. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to add few things to this answer.

Gulfstreambugs, check your site on Woorank and Google Page Speed Tool and fix the errors suggested there. As Joeroxx said, the content on your site is relatively lower than your coding. The text/html ratio is optimized. I would suggest, instead of adding more content, optimize your backend, fix your coding. Also, if you have Google Webmaster for your site, check the "manual actions" and see if there is any message from Google.

Addition suggestion, you should work on the design of your website. It is outdated and unprofessional. Improving your web design and UI won't have any direct impact on your search ranking, but it will help in increasing your conversion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to rank higher in Google, you need to do quality submission along with the quality content in your website. There is no short cut, which can help you to rank easily. You need to build quality backlink.

7. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is all about finding the areas in which we are lacking and putting efforts to fix and improve those areas whether it can be content or anything else. It will be a good start to fix above mentioned issues, we can also try to rank for long tail keywords first and then go for the competitive one by measuring improvements, web is full of strategies that need to be done.

8. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you want to rank your website then you have to keep following points in your mind.

1. Right keywords selection with maximum searches.
    2. The selected keywords should be in the content of your product on website.
    3. Make show offs on good show offs sites like Crunch base, Instructable etc.
    4. Use social media like twitter, facebook G+ and link in specially
    5. Post good quality blogs on different high quality websites, like word press, Entrepreneur, etc.
    6. Make presentations and share it on different presentation sites like slide share, issue, Slide boom etc.

9. Terry Hopper

Terry Hopper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you can try to make guest blog, infograph, Video post, SMM, Business listing and place ad. It is a really good way to make a quality backlink. You told, you make some backlinks for your websites right! I think it can help you. Good luck.

10. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to change your site structure because if you have made a good back link, but still your site is not ranking that means your site is not made as per as google guidelines. check your content because google has given more importance to content so optimize your content it should must be more than 300 words. Avoid keywords stuffing because it penalized the site, and also checked the broken link due to that your site got evicted.

11. Grestok

Grestok
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unique content ultimately engages visitors and convinces them to purchase a product or return to the site. However, it is not just well written content that attracts visitors. Naturally, the quality of it is of chief importance, but so too is its uniqueness. Just try to contact paidforumposting.com team, their writers know their work very well, they are very knowledgeable. I like their pricing.

12. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apart from all these, keywords are more important. One should take time to analyse and research proper keywords before optimizing ths site

13. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree! You can use Google's Keyword Planner tool to find out what keywords are hot, which ones are more in demand, and which ones will bring you more traffic.

14. colnettella

colnettella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to build quality links there is no any short cut for ranking in google. Do some quality submissions with unique content and try to build quality backlinks this will help you in ranking.

15. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Install Google Analytics and Set up Google Webmaster Tools after Create a robots.txt file and sitemap.xml files upload it to the root directory of your site, then go for Keyword Research and onsite optimization and last start linkbuilding.

16. Mark_Trader

Mark_Trader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like most of us here have already said, the right keyword can also boost your ranking. And it is wise and necessary to use the right and most efficient keyword tool to search out content titles. There are quite a good number of them: keyword tool, sg.serpstat.com, google keyword planner. I personally use all of them. But something interesting about sg.serpstat.com is that it comes with the ''questions only'' tab, which allows you to even search out the Frequently Asked Questions on the search engines. Cool if you ask me.

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You included "serpstat" in your recommendations, but I really can't recommend it. The reasons why can be found in this thread.

18. Sam Paul

Sam Paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would suggest you to do perform below activities to rank higher on Google

1. Post Quality Content
    2. Better On Page Optimization Activities ( Title / Meta/ H1/ H2/ Alt Tag, Image ,URL Canonicalization )
    3. Engaged in Social Media ( Facebook , Twitter, Linked in )
    4. Perform better link building activities ( Directory, Social Bookmarking , Article Submission , Forum Submission )

Have a nice day .

Thanks

19. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you said you have changed the content of the website and did On-page optimization too, but still you fail to rank in Google. So, I will suggest you to check whether the content of your website is informative with quality of information?

Your work is not done, just by updating the content. You need to update quality content with proper keyword density, and then Optimize your website. Make sure you have proper Title, Description, Meta keywords, Alt Tag, H1, etc. Along with the content optimizing you also need to optimize the Image and Video of your website.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.