Any tips on increasing the PR?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cartergray, Jun 14, 2010.

1. cartergray

cartergray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For this particular site I am in the process of SEO currently. Definitely I don’t know everything even though I am a designer with a fairly good knowledge of HTML. There is this site I have whose PR I haven’t been able to push above 3 and this is bothering me.
    Could anyone offer some kind of a feedback after you have gone through the website? The reason why I have been finding it so hard could also be due to the fact that the keyword has been used extensively. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's the website URL?

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically, to increase your PR, you need PR juice. The PR juice can get from link building, try to get more dofollow quality link.

4. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to say this but I think that you may find some of these techniques outdated and I would definitely avoid number 3.

6. vigorandrik

vigorandrik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For increaseing Page rank of your sit join forums, forums are a great way to achieve links to your website and submit to search engine directories as well as always get quality backlinks, because google is very much particular about quality of backlinks. Other hand you can do social bookmarking it will help you to get traffic.

7. Jansic

Jansic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did outsorsing for one of my sites, if you heard about Angela's links, it worked for me. But doesn't work basically. it's never the same twice

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm with Lingua21 on that one, following the tips in that article could get your site banned. Google doesn't approve of using hidden font on your site or using "tricks" such as linking from dots.

In my opinion methods like Angela's links are spam - they involve getting profile links from fake accounts on social networking sites. I doubt if they will help most sites and many of the profile links will get deleted when the site staff realise that they are on fake / spam profiles and not on real user accounts.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. revardwatson

revardwatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase the PR for the web site first maintain the good and quality content on the web site. Then try to provide some inside linking and get some backlinks for the site. As backlinks really helps to boost the PR for site.

11. ImranJameel

ImranJameel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another way to increase page rank is to regularly revise and renew your website content by simply adding more relevant and helpful information that is sure to attract more web users

12. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just like what i've share on the other thread, just always avoind the black hat technique and do white hat technique. On that way, it will help you increase your PR.

13. hailin

hailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

on increasing the PR,i think u can submit ur site to some good directories.building enough backlinks and article writing can be helpful too.try them

14. Jansic

Jansic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try www.commentkahuna.com, it's free soft - Free website traffic promotion software gets you thousands of high quality and high traffic backlinks without spamming or using black hat techniques

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you used that yourself? Can you tell us more about that software?

16. stevedeath12

stevedeath12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase the PR of the web site you must get some quality backlinks for the web site. To get backlinks use the SEO techniques like link building, forum posting, blog commenting. Also maintain good and quality content on the site, as backlinks really helps to boost the PR.

17. Jansic

Jansic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I use this one, but not too much, (because I'm not english native and hard to post tons of comments :( )
    They have a their own base of blogs. When you start to work with Kahuna you need to put your keyword and click Search, then you get some blogs and see which one has a high PR. Then click "post comments". It works like any submitter-soft, semi-automatically.
    I wrote a few comments from 5-6 PR and ping them and have only one backlink, other my comments wasn't approved :D

18. johnkalli1990

johnkalli1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The 3 ways to increase PR are:

Guest Blogging - Guest blogging on high PR blog and obtain one way link back to your blog. Why I got my PR in short period? One of the reason is I guest blog in LiewCF.com. Always ask permission to include a link back to yourself when you guest blogging.
    Good Article - Write good content articles make you different from others. Continuously others will blog about your article with link to you.
    Online Contest - An effective technique that used by many bloggers. Launch a contest with interesting prize with rules. Ask participants to blog about your contest with a link to you online contest page.

19. jimmyhagan11

jimmyhagan11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For increasing the PR of the site first you need to maintain the quality content on the site, then try to get the inside linking to the web site. Also get backlink regularly for the web site as backlinks mainly helps to boost the page rank of the web site in the search engines.

20. TrueLifeWealth

TrueLifeWealth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's been a while since I've done SEO work, so you may want to take the following advice lightly.

From the way I understood PR the general outline is something like this:

1. You want more links coming to you than going from you.
    They use this to determine the quality of your content. The idea being that if lots of sites are linking to you then the content of your page must be relevant and in demand. For example: An optimal case would be a high traffic blog with little/no outbound links with lots of inbound links from various sites, the higher PR the better.

2. PR link quality
    1 link from a PR 7 site is generally worth more than 10-20 links from PR1-2 sites. The idea being that a link from a site with high PR carries more weight than that of a link from a lower PR site as google already gives high weight to the high pr site having relevant content.

Hope that made sense.