Any solution to get files back after formatting my PC?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Co000leen, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Co000leen

Co000leen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had accidentally formatted my PC and found a few very important files were not backed up timely. They all got lost. Do you have any solution to get them back? Help me, please!
    Thanks!

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried using photorec before and it recovers my files. You might wanna try this too. The thing is taht this software can't recover the file names of the files so you would have to check each. I'm not sure if its now updated and works well but you could try it.

3. Britt789

Britt789
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From this trouble, I hope you could learn to back up everything important on at least drives as possible as you can in case of data loss.

But, right now, stop using this PC in case that anything new on this PC may rewrite these previous files and make them gone forever.

And then, opt for a PC data recovery program to restore your needed files back.

In fact, there are many data recovery programs out there. You should always select a most proper one for your PC.

If you want to have much more security of complete data recovery, you could try a paid data recovery program or ask for a data recovery service from some professional companies or experts.

But, if you do not have extra money for this, you could apply some data recovery freeware available online that could work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

And finally, follow the instructions of the selected data recovery program to regain your important files.

Good luck!

4. Co000leen

Co000leen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your answer.
    It really helped a lot. I have read your answer and tried your listed data recovery freeware. All my wanted files are back not. Thank you very much!

5. Aiplabro

Aiplabro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is happen with me before some time and i am so upset that time because i didn't get back.......

6. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Britt789 had given very good solution to your problem and you can also search for free tools on any search engine.

7. zunick

zunick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If anyone have the right answer about this then please share , I am also in this trouble.

8. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry , but i need it too really...