Any other Sites equal or better than SHOPIFY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Andreas Vanaerde, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Andreas Vanaerde

Andreas Vanaerde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I once was advised on this forum to use Shopify.com ..since I have no programmers or web designers skill .. are there any other Sites who have the same quality , or even better , and are still in the same price range ??
    I have seen also Volusion .. but they look kinda fishy , because they place items for sale on your site without your permission

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's also http://www.bigcommerce.com/. But personally I would install your own shopping cart on your hosting account and take a few days to learn how to set it up. Zencart, oscommerce and many many more. Your hosting fees would be a little less in most cases and the learning curve isn't that bad with these types of carts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andreas Vanaerde

Andreas Vanaerde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about Volusion ? .. are they any good .. Those template website building services like 101 .. are they not actually tricky .. for thye tell you you can build your own site .. but then they drop all sort off added fees .. at the end .. so you think Shopify or bigcommerce are my best bet ?

4. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't worked with Volusion but on other forums people do not recommend it. I would also recommend to try a one-time purchase platform or a free platform which you can host on your server. If you don't have any programming skills, keep out of magento, too complex and suits a really big business. Check out Open cart or Zen Cart. The shopping cart that I can recommend for small but growing and medium business is CS-Cart. It's not free but much more featured than Open Cart or Zen cart.

As for hosted solutions, pay your attention to Ecwid, heart lots of good reviews about it.

• Like Like x 1