Any free services to hide whois information

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by patrick0001, Mar 30, 2012.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just purchase a domain cus8.com, any free service to hide whois information?

2. Andi21

Andi21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may use a whoise privacy service of hosting websites like Enom or GoDaddy. Or it is possible to get a .co or uk. domain and go to nominet. This is allowing you do hide your whois info for free as long as your not a company.

3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I can't find any third party that provides free WHOIS privacy services. I thought I read about one a few years ago but maybe they went out of business.

Several registrars provide free WHOIS privacy for a year when you use them as a registrar, but at the end of the year, you need to pay to renew the service. I know that I had a year's free WHOIS privacy from NameCheap.

1&1 provides free WHOIS privacy service to accounts registered through them. Their prices, considering the free privacy feature are competitive but they require that all your domains be put on an automatic renewal and, I have been told, that the only way to take the domain off auto renewal is to cancel it. The last time I checked, they also had a fee to push the domain to another account. As long as you plan to hold the domain for a long time, those factors may not be too important, but if you plan on turning sites over regularly, you might be better off paying for the privacy service and using a different registrar.

• Like Like x 2
  4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree that there is no such a free lunch services, tight up with hosting package, which mean they are pre-charge the cost to hosting or expecting renewal.

5. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

usually if i want my privacy hidden for free then i just give false name and address so it wont bother me if it shows or not and the proper legit way to get this done free is get a coupons of godaddy they give free whoishidden with those.

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just can't understand why WHOIS information is open for public use and view. It is just like buying a property online and it should not be visible to anyone. Clearly violation of personal privacy.

This will only increase chances of false registration as Scarface have indicated.

yeah some company do offer free hidden services but other charge as well. Why the need of charging this is just like trading a databank in exchange for money.Is it correct?

7. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whois privacy is valid for some time and provides hiding of online purchasing of property.it is good that it provides privacy which is confined to us .