Any amazon affiliates here ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by simplyjo, Sep 24, 2010.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I have just started dabbling in amazon affiliate program and started out with 2 SEO optimized sites. I am on page 1 for my keywords but rarely get any traffic to my amazon links and just 1 sale so far. What am I doing wrong ?

Jo

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you share your site's URL here?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jo, like Dan said, it will be easier to help you if you can share links to your sites. You say that you are on the first page of Google for your keywords. Have you checked to see how many people are actually searching for those keywords? You can find that out with Google's Keyword Tool. Ranking highly for keywords only helps you if those keywords are actually being searched for and if they are relevant to whatever it is your site is selling.

4. BusyBee

BusyBee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How long has your site been active? And how long has it been indexed so highly? (Good job by the way!)

5. Rubs

Rubs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every type of internet business comes to 2 things: traffic and conversion. How much traffic you can drive to you site (the quality of traffic matters a lot too). And how well you can convert it (e.g. convince someone to buy something or click on an affiliate link, etc.).

Each of these components is a separate big science and it takes time to achieve good results. Just be focused, learn and improve constantly and you'll get there.

6. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi . The keyword has over 2000 monthly searches and a good ad rate too (at spyfu). So far I only made an $1 via adsense and $1.20 via amazon (site has been up for one month). I am hoping this will go up slowly.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

simplyjo glad to hear you are making some money from it, just keep tweaking it and working on ways to increase the income coming in. That's actually quite a low volume of search results. You should try to find some related keywords, preferably ones with greater search volumes.

The Keyword Research threads listed in our Featured Threads and Useful Online Business Resources section should help you further with that.