Any advice for a multi-tasking college student?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by takeshifujimoto, Jul 2, 2015.

1. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! I am currently a college student juggling my studies and work. I work a bunch of jobs online just to make a few extra bucks for book fees and all that stuff. I'm doing a lot of multitasking right now and to be honest it does take its toll on my mental state sometimes. What are some things I can do to make it more bearable? Any advice or tips would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

2. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One suggestion I would have, is to take 10-15 minutes out of your day, to close your eyes, and to clear your head. That tends to help me regain my mental focus when I need a boost.

3. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What sort of work are you doing online right now? I'll tell you what works for me although bear in mind that you might use completely different sites.

One of my regular earners is Swagbucks and I make most of my points through SBTV. I open it up, start it off and then open a new tab and get on with other tasks. I'll periodically revisit SB to move the vids along, which takes around 3 seconds.

At any one time, I could have SBTV running, working my way through a boring survey and completing microjobs, just by multitasking in a few tabs. The trick is to maximise your time. Make a list of the sites which are the biggest earners for you, concentrate on these and visit the "slowburners" only when there is no other work to do.