Android or Windows?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by LordRoco, May 24, 2013.

1. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of late, I have taken a huge interest in mobile applications and technology. I have used both android phone as well as a windows phone in span of about two years and I had a great experience with both of them. But out of sheer curiosity, I am asking you - Which of the two would you prefer?

Andorid sucks a lot of battery juice and reduces your battery life because its all about beautifying the interface. At the same time, Windows phone gives you a decent battery life but sucks at the application section. They are only developing it and isnt as huge as the google app stores :(

2. JenniferLawrence

JenniferLawrence
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now a days, both are important isssues i.e. interface and battery .. but accoridng to me i'll prefer interface of mobile and its applications. and voted to android ..

3. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will vote Andriod, because I give much attention on interface.

4. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just got the android phone after upgrading from a extremely outdated phone, that was about 5 gens ago. I absolutely love the Android, I've used iPods, and seen the microsoft phone, but have to say I do love the android.

5. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Android !!! Android platform is launched by Google. In the market you will get most of apps based on Android technology not for window based. So i would prefer to go with android.

6. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I am more than confused! :D I like the interface of Android so much as well as its huge application database, but Windows has a more appealing way of handling things (even the interface is stunning, forgive the applications). I am looking forward to buying a smartphone sometime around next month and I am not sure what I should be doing. I havent yet made up my mind :(

7. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Samsung’s Galaxy S3 is upgradable, but the cheaper Galaxy Y supports only Gingerbread (Android 2.3). Some budget phones such as the Sony Xperia tipo ships with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but is unlikely to ever get an upgrade to Jelly Bean.Windows Phone 7 smartphones can’t be upgraded to the latest Windows Phone 8 OS, but some can be updated to Windows Phone 7.8 which adds a similar home screen. Again, availability of the update depends on the manufacturer and operator.

From the above points it seems that both are at the same level. But currently android is at the top position with thousands of apps. Android phones are getting more sales and OS has many features when compared to windows phone. I would prefer android rather than windows.I think you can go with android for better OS installations and to get more features.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go for Android because there are lots of applications there and they are completely free. Only you pay for some applications. Windows is secure and good But not much applications out there.

9. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would choose android any day. It has a much better user interface ant there are tons of applications available in market.
    Android wins hands down.....

10. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally feel that Android leads not just because of the application available, but also for its User interface. I have used both Windows 8 on Lumia and Android on S3. I found Android to be much more comfortable than Windows.

11. Brian Smith

Brian Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think android is better option for mobile OS.. We can easily entertain ourself by download app. from google play store and also use it for mobile development.

12. Katerina

Katerina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To tell the truth I haven't used Windows phones personally, but they are still at the beginning of their way to success. So, why not to wait and to use Android for a while?

13. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows will definitely take at least 2 years to catch up with Android.Android mobiles offer wide range of options in terms of hardware, features, matured interface and apps.

14. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows OS is currently on developing stage (Android too but the level that Android is currently holding, there's no way that Windows can beat it). And one of the major factor that distinguish both the OS are the availability of their application and User interface. One more thing, i've updated from Android 2.2, 2.3 and 4.0 and all the apps from version 2.2 are still available with my phone that run 4.0. I've never seen this from Microsoft.

15. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer Android for best smart phone. Due to it best games and useful application, as well as could see the application from windows also but much better is android.

16. kimmy burgess

kimmy burgess
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course android because you cannot have a mobile with bad interface android phones are java based and thus make them versatile the app market is huge with millions and millions of application that is not very costly and data security is truly taken in consideration even you may get lot of free application thus making android a straight choice.

17. simojohn258

simojohn258
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will vote for android i know battery back up is more important and it consume too much battery but provide too many function for use.

18. garry

garry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

+1 for Android for me. It is indeed easy to drain battery but it's very useful and helpful plus the apps that you can download.

19. anglina

anglina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will definitely go for Android. It provides better applications and other facilities than Windows.

20. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are a number of platforms one could choose for personal or corporate use. But in between they are so different that any person or company would have a point of view. Some have preferences in device brands, some have a penchant for one definite platform. Mentioning number of available applications, Windows Phone Store has the lowest number of apps so far. But that's the situation that's gradually changing. For Android the situation is different - there are multiple features that can be brought to or used in custom mobile apps. So, suppose that Android has more advantages now.