An Incongruity

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Lbvcjhks, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Lbvcjhks

Lbvcjhks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was reading online the advice, which I regard as sound, that you should aspire to sell on service, differentiation and quality, rather than price alone.

Yet the same people giving that advice were elsewhere looking for cheap SEO, cheap hosting, cheap marketing support, and, indeed, cheap everything.

A curious incongruity, I thought. As someone who rarely buys on price alone, I smiled quietly to myself at the collision of behaviours being set up.

My view is this. It is ok to sell on price, providing you really are very competitive, and can deliver profitably. Otherwise, seek to provide value, and to price to suit your market. Again, provided you can deliver profitably.

2. NikiRebin

NikiRebin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, that is strange ... and rather ironic!

I agree with your viewpoint that a large part of what you are "selling" to your customer is great service and value. In my experience, you really do get what you pay for in most cases. Often, the cheapest available service will also come with a few "catches" such as poor customer support, limited functionality or unreliability. The best thing you can offer is quality, because there are always people out there (like us) who truly do appreciate it, and who will buy based upon the value created by a product, not its price tag.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

unless this person is begging for positive reviews about his services, he really will have to make his services cheaper.