an entry level management position

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by dhandaulat33, Dec 28, 2007.

1. dhandaulat33

dhandaulat33
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends, I hate being a nurse so I returned to college and earned bachelors in business management. Upon graduating, I came to the cruel realization that I made more as an LPN than I could at an entry level management position - how depressing. So I've spent the past few years just avoiding both and working crap jobs just getting by. Well now I'm ready to get back in the game and get a good job. I need your suggestions.

Arizona Payroll Services

#1 dhandaulat33, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why dont you try by rising up the hirarchy in the company yyou worked at some post of entry level management? After spending some years you can command a god salary and also get appraisals, why to leave the track of your management career line?

3. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go to management again. Learn special skills, that put You apart from You competitors. Rise up the hirachy. This could happen quite fast.

4. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

go to typeing classes and get a good job being a writer for say a magizeen or even a reporter for a newspaper a hear that jobs like this are geting less common and not as much people are doing computer typeing jobs. rember this as long as you live... if you pick a job you love, you will never work a day of your life!. a think that is rely true cause it could be like a hobby to you sometimes this does mean being underpaid but it would be worth it it always is picking a job you like

• Like Like x 1
  5. gnine11

gnine11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all dhandaulat33, don't get depressed that you are earning less than what you were earlier. After giving the 2 precious years of your's to your studies, the knowledge you have attained is an asset which will definitely pay you more in the long run.
    Also see the positive angle to it, that now your job profile will be less physical and more mental. With time you physique will say no to work but your mind will never say no.

So at the end i will say that live your life to the fullest and never regret on those things which are materialistic. :):)

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As Mark suggests, I think that you will be more successful and happier if you try to focus on working at what you enjoy rather than trying to do jobs that make the most money. By doing what you enjoy, you will become better and better at it and you will have no problems with motivation. This all helps build on your success and should lead to greater wealth in the medium to longer term.

Most people would much rather be treated by a doctor who enjoys what he / she is doing and is personally motivated by it, than to be treated by a doctor who is purely there to earn as much money as possible.

7. abraxus

abraxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most people do what they have to do to rather than do what they want to do..just like me..i have to do what i do now to earn some so that i can pay my debt..so, just like Fergal said, if you are still looking, look for something that you enjoy with that so you will be more focus and you will not depress.

8. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks fergal you relly did put across my point very well, most late teens al think they will go for a job that pays well and good money good holidays etc. but if you think about it do you relly want to do a job you hate and only get say 400 a week or do a job you love and only get 300 a week a know what a would chose a hate doing things a dont like. if you do pick a job you like it will be much easyer for you to shoot ahead of the rest of your coleiges get promoted or anything like that alot faster.

9. Redandgold

Redandgold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two ways you can go here.

1. Find a career that satisfies you, as long as the pay is enough to live on you will be happy because you will enjoy doing your job.
    2. Find satisfaction outside of work, people usually do that by becoming active in their community or volunteer work. Then find the best paying job that you can stand to do and do it as well as you can – knowing that the job allows you the opportunity to do something else.

Well that is my opinion having watched both work successfully.

10. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first one has been very effective for me. Just look for something that suits your interest and it will love you back.