Amazon Affiliates

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone here have been using Amazon Affiliates to monetize their sites?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never in my life have i got a sale from amazon. I guess it just work to site recognize by users in US and Europe.

3. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do. I have a main product page to sell a video game and on the side bar I have controlers that are related to the game.

It never gets any clicks but looks cool on my site. Makes me look more trusted I guess?

I just started that however so I certainly do not know how to utalize the Amazon affiliate section to its max potential.

4. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have account there and got some deals for my website, But still i am not trying for sales for amazon

5. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never tried it but I'm curious to try it..

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, i did but only able to get some sales, i'm not good in affiliate program

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe I'm lucky. Already got 7 confirmed sales and 11 orders made.

I wonder how many clicks those ads get. Is they a way to know?

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi GekiDan,

I use the Amazon Affiliate and find it very well designed. The affiliate links are easy to build and the tracking is very clear. The big issues with Amazon I have seen so far is that they were just banned from affiliate selling in a few states. A huge part of finding success through Amazon is building a really nice site / content around popular untapped niches. Once yo have the site it is about getting it ranked for those key words. Once nice thing about Amazon's affiliate links is that the buyer does not have to purchase that specific product for you to get credit. If the stay surfing on the site under your link then anything they buy you get a slice. I have only made a few sales but I can see the potential. What is your main Amazon niche?

• Like Like x 1
  9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most affiliate site I joined always do this. As long as they visit the site under your referral link, you'll get commission. One even can stay on the site's computer for 30 days after they visit your link.

My niche centers around toys, but I'm getting orders from other products such as gaming.

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I have an account and did applied it to one of my blogs.

11. aman

aman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Today I got a scorecard report from Overstock. Actually, this is the second one. A few days back they first sent a test email and I was expecting them to start sending the real ones. Finally it arrived today. I am not doing as good as just a few months back. I know things are not that good with the economy and all but the real problem for my account not doing well is because I use Overstock affiliate data feeds and for more than 2 months now, the feeds are not getting generated by them. I even sent an email a few weeks back and one person promptly replied that they are looking into it. It’s been a while now but still no fix to the problem. So, my website is filled with old data. As a result, many of the products are no longer available, or the price is different and so the bounce rate has been high. What’s worst, Google sees stale data and my site gets penalty.