Am I Crazy or Fiverr Has Unqualified Support Staff?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Constantin, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was trying to prove someone about 3 years ago that you can easily make a couple of hundred dollars a month with no startup costs and not much work involved.

Therefore, I did some research on Google's Keyword Planner to find out what images people are searching for the most (I found out that it was butterflies, babies and fashion), and I built 3 awesome packages, using Public Domain pictures from sites like Pixabay.com.

I created 3 gigs on Fiverr, giving away on basic gigs 2-3 times more images than any other seller on that platform. I also had up-sales set.

I made it clear that I AM NOT selling the images, but my time. I am selling the services of collecting the images and creating the packages so buyers wouldn't have to spend their time looking for good quality pics. I was making it clear that the images are Public Domain and free for personal and commercial use + a link to Creative Common/Public Domain Regulation Dedication.

Every package was a .zip archive. I uploaded them on Google Drive and every time someone was ordering a package, I was sending them the download link.

It took me 3-4 hours to set everything up. I made a bit over $200 in 30 days, I proved my point and I deactivated the gigs as I had to go on vacation.

For some reason, I have reactivated them about a month ago, and I added 4 more similar gigs just for Fiverr to deactivate one of them saying that I have broken a 3rd party rule. I asked, what 3rd party?... There's no 3rd party involved. The images are Public Domain. Plus, I am not selling the images, but my time. I've tried to explain that in numerous support tickets, I explained them what Public domain is an that I do not need a license or to ask for permission to pass those images to another user, I even made some analogies that if I work for a garbage collecting company, I'm not selling them the garbage, but they're paying me for my time spent collecting the garbage on their behalf and so on. Still, they think that I need a license and that I am not allowed to do this.

My question is: do you see any problems with that? Am was I doing anything wrong, braking any common sense rules? Am I not allowed to sell my services this way?

Looking forward to your opinions on this. I don't mind if you're saying I'm crazy, as long as you motivate your answer :).

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Ffiver doesn't know the images aren't in the public domain, they only have you word for this. To save themselves any potential litigation it's just easier to stop you selling your services.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have always recommended that people who are looking for services avoid using anyone from Fiverr. Here we have a reason for those who are legitimately selling services not to use Fiverr. Just as most(except the OP of course) service providers are not very knowledgeable in their field, Fiverr itself either doesn't have the staff, or the staff doesn't have the knowledge, to provide the quality service that their sellers need.
    Ffiver, on the other hand, is based in the UK, and may not be as well known outside of the UK( I didn't even know they existed until I saw fisicx's post). Since they are not as well known, I cannot evaluate their services effectively.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, fisicx. That may be the case, but it's a bit odd. My other 6 gigs are still active and they're in the same situation. I asked about them and they said they're fine. The only difference is that they mention the exact niche (i.e. "I'm going to give you 65 butterfly images...") while the deactivated one was more general ("I'm going to give you 35 images in any niche..."). But the images are Public Domain on all of them.

I also sell nutritional vegan products on Amazon (food supplements). I even have products stored in their warehouses, available through their Prime services. They've asked about the ingredients and had to fill in some forms, but they have not asked me to prove anything and, I guess, there's a greater risk since we're talking about peoples' health.

5. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is exactly what I told them in the last reply I did to the ticket: "I don't want to be rude, but I we should not continue this conversation as I don't think Fiverr has the qualified support personnel to deal with this kind of matters."