Am I able to extend volume space?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Yolanda LEE, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Yolanda LEE

Yolanda LEE
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My D partition has much free space and the F partition is also nearly empty. But, the C partition has only 2GB of free space left and gives a low disk space notice. Am I able to extend my C partition? What can I do next? Thanks!

2. Barnes934

Barnes934
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK! You can try to extend your partition space by yourself. Two ways for you to go on:
    1). Right click “My Computer” to tap “Manage”> Click “Disk Management” > right click D partition to shrink > Right click C partition to hit “extend volume”.
    2). Open google chrome to search for partition resizing software and extend your partition space within several steps, like IM-Magic Partition Reisizer Free, GParted and more.
    Save all partition data well in case of data loss.

3. Kara565

Kara565
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simply move the free space of your D partition or F partition to your C partition.
    If you fail in moving the partition space by using disk management tools, you still can use some partition resizing tools instead.
    Here is an article that has much detailed information of partition expanding:
    partition-magic-server-2003.blogspot.com/2013/11/resize-server-2003-partition-free.html
    Save your partition data well and add your partition space with success.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Astrid2

Astrid2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Barnes gaves you a great advise, though i only tried using disk management for divide D partition of my PC to makes dual boot for my pc, but I think you better check your C partition to makes sure you don't waste it for something unimportant, sometimes I've got my C partition full and after i Checked, there's some un-finished downloaded files which not yet deleted.

5. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I applied the 1st method on my PC and it worked perfectly.

6. ramsukhsahu

ramsukhsahu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To extent volume space do following task Right click “My Computer” to tap “Manage”> Click “Disk Management” > right click D partition to shrink > Right click C partition to hit “extend volume”.