Allow me to introduce myself....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Quercus, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Quercus

Quercus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First off, my name is Jacob.
    It all started back in 1994, kicking and screaming I was ready to take on the world. I was ready to become number one! Considering I was the last of 5 children brought into a dirt poor family living on the "hillbilly" side of town, I had a looooong way to go!

My father was a dreamer... A big one. He could talk the talk but could never walk the walk. He spent most of his life trying to build a business that was always failing. He had a lack of trust, work ethic, and a negative attitude. I love my father, dont get me wrong. But I've watched him fall on his face more times then I can count.
    At 14 he pulled my brother (16) and I out of school to help him with his business. At 14 I knew it was a speeding train with no brakes.

I started my first business at the age of 16. Buying antique chainsaws and flipping them on the internet to collectors for a mighty profit. I could usually buy an old run down chainsaw for 15 dollars from an old farmer, put another 20 dollars getting it running and sell it for 200-300 dollars easily. My father was jealous/proud of my successful entrepreneurship. My half-assed business was clearing 600 bucks a week with no overhead and only working 10-15 hours a week.
    It got me to thinking, what else is there? This was easy, any idiot could do it!!

Now I am 19. I work the graveyard shift running CNC Lathes, Mills, Lasers, and Punch presses "working for the man." Living in a trailer that I pay 375 bucks a month for to live in. A woman has recently strolled into my life that has been making me think of what else I want in life. I don't want to work for the man, rely on some big wig up in the office to decide whether I have a job tomorrow or not. Somewhere along the way I had strayed off course....Where?

I took a couple of days off of work to reflect on my future, and do research. I have concluded I want to start my own business, but I have come to a brick wall as far as what business I would like to start.
    The Manufacturing business has always intrigued me, I have always loved building furniture. I just like doing things with my hands.

Excuse my long story, I'll get to the point now.

I just wanted to say Hi, introduce myself and let everyone know about me and why I'm here and why I will be asking so many questions. lol

Open to questions and comments!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ooh long indeed!! but anyhow welcome to baf nice to have you here..

3. yapsody

yapsody
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Quercus,

Welcome to BAF. Enjoy and Keep Posting. Be Active

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Jacob, Welcome to Business Advice Forum. Thanks for joining the forum.