Alexa & Bounce Rate

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cleantekmarket, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Cleantekmarket

Cleantekmarket
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How i improve my Alexa rank and bounce rate for my website. And what is the purpose of Bounce Rate?

2. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think only advertiser see the rank. Advertisers look for high traffic sites and Alexa rank helps them estimate it. Nobody else care about the alexa rank.
    High bounce rate in itself doesn't mean it is a bad site. I would think google looks to see if you continue your search, going back to the google search results and looking at more sites.I really doubt that bounce rate make a different on SERP.

3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

jaysh is right, anyway, those factors doesn't really affect that much in ranking, those are just some data wherein you can see how much visitors are visiting your site and how long they stay on your site.

4. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might be right about alexa rank useful for advertiser, but not sure.

In my opinion, alexa rank does not have any importance for anyone today as there are better tools to guess the visitors to the site. In fact, if an advertiser wants to know the traffic to a site where he wants to put his ads, he can just ask that site's owner for a screenshot of their traffic.

There is only one way to improve alexa rank: Increase traffic to your site and by traffic, I mean relevant visitors. If you are getting relevant visitors, it will also help you keep your bounce rate at minimum level.

Bounce rate basically tells you the rate at which a session was closed immediately or before the site was loaded completely. Say a visitor viewed 1 or 2 pages of your site site in only 2-4 seconds, the bounce rate of his session would be high, somewhere around 60-80% - speaking from my experience, so the numbers might not be correct.

To improve your bounce rate, you need to optimize the serve response time, load time and page as well as the content on your site - by content I mean the images, videos and text content. You also need to make sure as much as possible that the visitor lands on the right page and the information he seeks is right in front of him.

In short, bounce rate can be improved by presenting the right information to the right user at shortest possible time frame.

Remember, users skim the content and scan the website, they don't read or view the content unless it seems really really interesting. Make your headings, images and video title catchy. Follow the principles of AIDA, used in advertising and media sciences.

P.S. I bet you were easily able to read this post since it has short sentence and short paragraphs and has the information you seek. This is how your content/page should be.

• Like Like x 1
    #4 prestonp, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa tank relies on your website's traffic. If it is increases then Alexa rank will decreases. So promote your website using different promotion methods and try to get maximum traffic on your website.
    Bounce rate is an important factor for any website. It must be below 50%. If bounce rate of your website is higher then it shows that people are not interested in your website or content. You should make changes on webpages who have higher bounce rates.

6. tanishajain

tanishajain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey cleantek,

1. If you want to improve your Alexa ranking;

Then firstly you will have to claim your website on alexa, then Alexa will give you 3 verification options and you will have to choose one to process the same. After two or three week you can see the improvement in your Alexa ranking.

2. If you want to reduce your bounce rate;

Then you will have work on your Google Analytic tool, you go to you GA then analysis and work on "In-Page Analytics" under "Behavior".