alasker launching update...

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by danemedel, Mar 18, 2013.

1. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

I've been busy for the past few weeks because we are doing the full force website cleaning. I've already mentioned here the we are currently working on a web and mobile app called alasker. I'd also shared the link on our site here to sign up http://signup.alasker.com so that when you want to get updated about the app you will be notified through email.

Sorry guys for the delay of launching. We just added some features and we are planning to launch the web and the mobile app at the same time so we decided to launch the site a bit late. When we are ready for the launch (Not so long), we will be live both mobile and app.

However some of the users here ask me about the site so that they can view it like Fergal. Thank you Fergal for signing up on our site... We've worked on the issue you provided me before so we made some temporary beta testing so that you can access the site while waiting for the launch. So here is the link

www.alasker.com?access_key=sandy70

Feel free to roam around our app and pm me if you encountered an error anywhere on the page and we will fix them ASAP.

Hope you guys find this app helpful. We're very excited about the launch and we will post this on the App Store for free...
    Feel free to ask, comment, post, feedback or anything under the sun.. :D

Cheers everyone... We're almost there ;)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I tried to log in with my email address and what I thought was my password and got an "invalid" user message. Next I tried to use your "Password Reset" function and received a "1 error prohibited this user from being saved:" error message.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bobby

Bobby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I like the site and the concept behind it. Since you are a new site, it is important to let visitors know what the site is about and it's benefits. The visuals gave me a good idea but I instantly thought "oh, this is another (fill in the many possible blanks)". Telling visitors what the site does and the different approach can go a long way in keeping them engaged. You are in Beta so it's probably something you are working on, I thought I would mention it just in case. Visitors may tend to group you in with the others who are in the space.

Are you attempting to go the funding / tech start-up route? I would make additional recommendations if that were the case.

GL
    Bobby

• Like Like x 2
  4. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a designer the theme is the one thing I often look at first. And it's quite neat and not cluttered like some other sites are. You either took your time to design or find this theme and it is one I quite enjoy.

As for the site itself it's a very good idea and I hope it goes well for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, I included your issue in our queue, i will inform you once we resolve the issue. Thanks for letting me know.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Hi Bobby, Thanks for that wonderful insights, i will take note of that. Yes, we are a tech startup. I'd love to hear your recommendation. Please :) Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the comment FB92, we have very good web designer and he put a lot of time doing the designs. A bit long but it's worth the wait :)