Age to start a startup!

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Ourbusinessladder, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What would be the right age to start a startup?

2. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not sure about the age but don't think there is any age factor that comes into consideration for startups. From, what I have noticed, most of the billionaries were in their 20's when they first got started, so that should give you a clue.

3. Christi Smith

Christi Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are absolutely correct, as such their is no age constrain for startups. If you are looking o start a company and are confident with your business plan than you can go ahead with that. You just have to understand that you need to be mentally prepared for ups and down which you can face in your business.

4. Sourcing Agent

Sourcing Agent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think it is the right time to startup, it is the right age.
    startup, never wait. If you have a good idea.

5. Mark Zobel

Mark Zobel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I don't think there is a particular age to start a startup. We've witnessed so many startups in the past and you can start at any age provided you are ready to rock the world. However, according to some studies a large percentage of startups fail not because they launched it too early but because of poor execution. The key is you should be ready financially, intellectually and physically as it is draining if you're not 100% ready.

6. florenceclarke

florenceclarke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think age doesn't matter to start a startup. "An idea" matters to start a startup. Consequently, there should be the knowledge in that startup and I have seen many young especially 15 - 18 age of guys who has started their own business.

7. smartkpis

smartkpis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Success does not come with a minimum age or even an age limitation. This is perfectly true for those who are ready to step ahead in creating a start up. It all depends on the person's motivation, idea and network. Another highlight is their ability to dare to be different. Many of those kids start of with creating a new out-of-the-box tool at their school science fair. Then realize that it can be a capital to create a business.
    I've known many of my friends who have patent their new technology and have capitalized on it.

If your little brothers and sisters wanting to be entrepreneurs and begin a start up try reading this article:
    https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/273222

Recommend that to your bro and sis and perhaps you will be the push to create their start up dream to reality!

8. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me late twenties would be the perfect time to start a startup. You would probably finish your degree and will be full of energy to do almost anything you want. Most probably you don't have many people to support as you are very much likely to be single for at least another 4-5 years so you have all the time to concentrate fully on your work.

9. swapnil

swapnil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't worry about the age, first start a business then think about age. If you have an ability to handle business, then that would be the better age either you are 20 or 25. But remember one thing, starting startup is not easy!! (I'm not underestimating). It requires lot of hard work, market study and much more. However best of luck mate, go ahead.

10. Gaurav Dutt

Gaurav Dutt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Age doesn't matter. As long as you have something that can stand out in the market. You should start it. Find trustworthy co-founders and starting working on your product.

11. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's no exact age to start a startup. It depends on an individual's readiness in terms of financial capacity, will, and overflowing ideas with every intention to follow through. Startups aren't easy so maturity is an essential factor too. You need to be mature enough to handle failures and mature enough to not let success ruin your character.

12. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As such there is no age constrain for startups. You need to be self-confident with your business plan than you can start your business. You should also be ready financially, intellectually and physically as it is draining if you're not 100% ready.

13. Sumit Mankala

Sumit Mankala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before start a startup, you must have work experience to learn and understand the technology. Age doesn't matter, if you are capable to do something with enthusiasm.

14. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on your expertise on a field.
    ex: you can start your own business as a freelancer at 14 y old ... I doubt will happen. Most of the teenagers will start doing something at the age of ~17-18 y old when they realize they need more $
    That's what happened in my case as well. At 16-17 I think

15. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think 30+ Age will be good because of first you can focus on your college, reading and once you got your degree then go for any startup. It will be a good backup for you to learn before starting anything.

I mean educated people can be better for startup.

16. robert4u

robert4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no thing as age for starting anything, you can start at anytime remember the founder of KFC was retired from army and then he started KFC and today KFC is a big brand.

17. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess everyone has made their point on this thread, but we have yet to hear from the OP on what he thinks of the comments.

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Brooke has a point. Since the subject of this thread has been sufficiently covered, this thread is being closed. If any one has anything new to add, let me know and I'll reopen it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.