Affiliate website

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by grithcel, Sep 10, 2012.

1. grithcel

grithcel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I am wondering if someone could tell me if I have to get a website first before becoming an affiliate? Do I have to buy a software to build my website? I am planning to be an affiliate for a few companies, is that means I have to get a website for each of them? I don't fully understand how this works yet so every advices is being appreciated. Thank you

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, in most cases you have to already have a website to be approved as an affiliate.

No, you don't have to buy software to build a website. First of all, many websites today are wordpress websites, which a free easy-to-use platform. It started out as basically a platform for bloggers but now is a pretty complete content management system (CMS). If you prefer to have a static website, there are also free programs that will allow you to write html-based websites without writing a single line of code yourself.

No. You can have several affiliate offers on a single site. However, keep in mind that the users who are interested in the content of your site should generally be presented with affiliate offers of a similar nature. For example, if you have a website called www.Only-Golf.com it would not make much sense to carry affiliate advertising for wedding dresses. Likewise, if you had a wedding dress site, then offers selling golf equipment would not probably do very well.

I hope these answers help.

3. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate marketing does not require a website, you can succeed most times with a good twitter account and a relative facebook page.
    My opinion is to get both 3 and develop them simultaneously. The higher the exposure your affiliate links get the better the profit and the rates will be.
    However, its not easy, you need to spend time and maybe money. You can set a great website with Wordpress or Joomla and get a good free themes and 1-2 modules.
    That way, you'll get a dynamic easy to update website and 90% automated.

Of course, you can get more advice if you tell us the Affiliate niche/category you plan on working.

4. grithcel

grithcel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the advice. I am thinking on becoming an affiliate of ebay, amazon, and a dating website. I was just wondering if I should make one web for the 3 of them. I don't think it's gonna work that way. Thank you much.

5. grithcel

grithcel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice. You gave me some good ideas, I really appreciate it.

6. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you need a website to be a affiliate for making site used the open source program (Wordpress) this is easy to customized and use also cheap way to make a website.

7. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would check with the affiliate programs you are planning on participating in. Each one has their own set of rules and regulations. You need to comply with those to ensure you get paid for your efforts.