Affiliate sites that you are currently using

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the affiliate sites that you are currently using?

• Like Like x 1
  2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi GekiDan! I don't have the answer to your question. Although I'd like to ask you if you are doing affiliate marketing? Do you have any idea on how can I start doing it and do you have certain tips and information you can share to me and the rest of the BAF members. :)

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no idea if what I'm doing is considered as an affiliate marketing, but I have a few sites that I joined as a affiliate to monetize my blog. I just put those banners and product links withing my blog and wait til someone buy from the site via my links.

4. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you mean something like Clickbank? Clickbank has never failed me all this time.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kinds of products are available at Clickbank?

6. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Clickbank has quite a wide range of products, so they would be a good place to start.

7. kyle429

kyle429
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I mostly use google adsense, but I also am an affiliate with a couple of sites I promote on my blog, for example clixsense, cash4books, and swagbucks just to name a few

8. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Although other people have had success with Clickbank, I have used it on two sites with products that seemed to tie in well to the sites. After 3 years and several hundred clicks on the hoplinks, I have never sold a single Clickbook product. Not one! To be clear, the sites I have the products on are regular informational sites, not landing pages trying to push the products; I leave that to the product's own landing pages.

I used to have pretty good success with Amazon but they kicked out all of their Illinois affiliates because of a change in state law that would have required the company to start charging sales tax to Illinois residents. I replaced the product links to essentially the same products (mostly books) from Buy.com and the conversion rate is AWFUL. Same products, same placement, similar graphics. The click through rate is slightly worse but it is the conversion rate after they go to Buy.com that is truly abysmal. Plus, the commission rate is only about half of what I earned for the same sale on Amazon.

I do have a few other affiliate links that get a sale every so often - a web hosting company, a printing company, a producer of bank checks - but in the end the total commissions doesn't amount to much money. Fortunately, running my couple of websites is a hobby and I don't need the revenue to live off, or even to pay for my hosting or domain renewals. If I had to rely on affiliate commissions, I'd be in big trouble.

I'm a big fan of AdSense, however. It is a steady revenue producer.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm using Pepperjam and CJ but i'm not earning big from affiliate program. I still prefer PPC advertising

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Adsense is NOT an affiliate site. :)

11. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi GekiDan,
    I guess you are talking about traffic exchange sites.
    So far as I know,the traffics from that kind of sites are not quality ones although some of them are reliable.(For example,EasyHits4U.com)

#11 Janechan, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
  12. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hm...affilitate marketing can be very profitable but I still cant take advantages from it...i think that is just not mu way :)

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are talking about affiliate sites, not traffic exchange sites. You could be in a wrong thread.

14. topfilings

topfilings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CJ.com (Commission Junction) is probably the largest and most well-known affiliate network. You can find hundreds (or thousands?) of different products and services to promote. Just choose a niche related to your website -- or build a new website around a particular niche -- and CJ should have a wide variety of related offers from numerous reputable companies. Other popular networks include: Shareasale, Amazon, Clickbank and LinkShare...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alina Smith

Alina Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Thanks topfilings For your this kind info... and Google adsense is not a affiliate site...

16. ProScribe

ProScribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your market but you might want to try CPA, which is Cost Per Action affiliate marketing.

Instead of getting paid when someone purchases something you get paid when they perform a certain action.

For example if you have a financial site then you may have an offer for a FOREX product when a person fills in a
    form to find out more information then you get paid. This is generally easier to convert that actually getting someone
    to buy.

I assumed with my reply that you are interesting in Affiliate marketing as a publisher rather than as advertiser.