Affiliate programs for Finance related sites/blogs.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by zerzis, Dec 5, 2007.

1. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello everyone,

I am searching for some affiliate program which is suitable for my finance related blogs. I believe the niche of affiliate prgrams should be the same as that of niche of our blogs, because only targetted traffic results in making us money. Have any one joined any affiliate programs which will be suited for me, then please discuss your experience. Any direct or indirect help/advice is welcomed.

Regards,
    Zerzis.

2. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think adsense has some good payout for finance related keywords. Clicks can be higher than $10. Have You tested adsense. How are Your results?

I think the biggest problem of the finance niche is driving traffic to Your site.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered Commission Junction. Link to their publishers page below. They are a well established and trusted company and might make a nice addition to Adsense income from your blog.

http://www.cj.com/publishers/

4. spirited

spirited
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think everyone is jumping on the Adsense bandwagon way too much. They are a lot of other companies out there such as commission junction which is great, however I know that they can be strict with their acceptance. I don't like their huge payout of $100, and that fact that they only pay by check. It just doesn't seem that great to me, in my opinion...

5. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for your opinions. I have adsense code on my blog. I think I will try amazon. What do you think? No finance niche bloggers here..?

6. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah you should try adsense and commission juction too they both offer great pay outs. it's up to you if you like to try amazon, there's no harm in trying :D just get back to us the results of your affiliate programs.

7. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ofcourse I will get abck to all of you. Right now I am posting quality posts regularly on my blog, trying for link exchanges and write articles. But still then I am finding it a bit difficult to get traffic. Also my blog is pretty new - 2 week old :) I will try amazon first.

8. Pirata

Pirata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey all,

Thanks for the link to Commission Junction. Seems to be a decent alternative for the Google Ads.
    However I still got a question: in which formats are the ads of Commission Junction displayed? Are they text-based, image-based or something else and in which size are they provided? I searched for some information or images on the url you gave Fergal, but couldn't find some.

Thanks anyway!

9. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I already knew CJ. But I was trying to get some specific affiliate programs which are good especially for finance blogs and sites. I think finance books will be a great option and thats why I thought of amazon. Can anyone explain me how will I exactly benifitt from CJ ?

10. moratraffic

moratraffic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also try some other bigger CPA networks like Market Leverage and Filinet for some great financial offers. Targeted affiliate advertising will pay more than Adsense ever will and you can get paid faster, as most networks payout at like $25-$50. To get an idea of what to target on your blog, run Adsense for a week and track the ads that are showing. Once you get an idea of what Google is advertising on your site, you can know better what ads will convert the best on your site.

I personally know that Market Leverage has a debt campaign paying $20 a lead and it is a one page submit with only like 5 fields or so. It converts awesome!

#10 moratraffic, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  11. upineter

upineter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend you to join in google adsense program. This publisher program open for internation membership and also international trafic. This publisher program one of the best PPC program.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Commission Junction act for a huge amount of companies and advertisers. This means that you can chose from a substantial array of products and services to promote on your site. They generally pay a certain amount or a percentage of every sale made through your site. It is worth having a look at the CJ site and seeing if any of the products or services they list would be of particular interest to visitors to your site.