Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by e-bus.org, Mar 27, 2013.

1. e-bus.org

e-bus.org
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After learning how to set up your new website and the best WordPress plugins package you are now ready for the next step to start making money! Many people are asking: what is affiliate marketing?

The simple answer for this question is that it is the most common way of making money online. As businesses want to make there products, services or websites more prevalent so they can make more income, they need more and more publishers to help them with that. The publishers share these products or services using unique links and whenever sales are made they will earn money. In other words, you can join as many affiliate programs as you can and share your unique links on your website, Facebook account, Twitter, or where ever you want and when anybody hit those links and buy anything, the business will give you a commission. I’ve written a short article before about how to earn money from Clickbank.com and I advice you to read it. Also the article how to choose and promote products is worth reading.

Having understood the affiliate marketing idea it’s important to know what are the best affiliate programs. There are thousands of websites which allow you to promote their products or services but many of them are fake or deceptive. You should always choose honest businesses so you could make real money. There are a lot of good affiliate programs but I will choose some of them:

Amazon

One of the biggest market places on the internet. Thousands of products are sold everyday on this website and it’s very easy to encourage people buying from it as it’s a reliable market. What’s more, you could find some useful WordPress plugins to use them in showing Amazon ads such as Amazon Affiliate Link Localizer.

Ebay

Ebay is the main competitor to Amazon. It’s also one the biggest internet markets. The main difference between Amazon and Ebay is that on Ebay there are two options for selling, buy it now and auction. Some people prefer shopping on Ebay because they could find some products cheaper than anywhere else. Also for Ebay, there are some useful software and WordPress plugins which help to build your store such as eBay eStore that help building a complete store promoting Ebay products and MoneyPress eBay edition plugin which allows to display products from Ebay based on keywords provided.

ClickBank.com

Different types of products and services are sold on this great affiliate market. This website is different than Amazon and Ebay. On clickbank.com sellers have to make a page on their website introducing the product or service and this page must be connected with their clickbank.com account as the payment should be processed there. To promote products from this website you will need to choose any product or service you want and create your unique link. I’ve found some paid WordPress plugins for this website but I don’t know if any of them work well.

Commission Junction

To be honest I’ve never tried this website. However, it is a well-known website for affiliate marketing and many people are working on it. I don’t have much information about it but you could find a lot of resources on Google.

Other affiliate programs

Some websites have affiliate programs for their own products or services such as web hosting provider companies, email marketing, software companies and other different websites. It’s important to choose good companies to promote their products and these kind of affiliate are really useful if you have visitors looking for these specific things on your website.

E-Business|Affiliate Marketing

• Like Like x 1
  2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've had bad experience CJ the first time I reached my threshold. They confirmed my check was sent months ago but I never really received it. I stop promoting the product through them and move to another network.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

e-bus: Thanks for sharing it. I really this is worth it reading and trying out.

ownedbox: I think you had bad luck there. I wish you earn through another network.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm surprised to hear that, given that they are such a large and well established network. Did you contact them and follow them up to ask about your payment?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't had much experience with cj yet, but so far been good. Maybe it was a "lost in the mail" case, which has more to do with postal service than cj?

• Like Like x 1
  6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I contacted them regarding it they told me they an send it again for $50. This is the reason why I didn't promote something from them again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What do you mean by that, were they going to charge you $50 to re-send the payment?

• Like Like x 1
  8. e-bus.org

e-bus.org
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys for sharing your experience

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes charge $50 for it.
    I decided not to get my cash anymore and hope maybe my balance will still be there if later they will implement sending the earnings of their publishers via paypal. :D I hope. Right now, Amazon seem to work a bit to my site.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That seems very unfair, did they give you any explanation as to how they could justify charging that much to your account?

11. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I had CJ account, for few months it worked ok I managed to make around £100+ but then stopped for long period so i stopped using them,, and yes they did pay me at the end of the month.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Game portal looks nice. sobi: Did you pay for this script?