Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Jay, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your views on affiliate marketing? If you have any good affiliate marketing websites that you want to share, feel free to post them here!

2. ActionableBiz

ActionableBiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Jay,

I've been on both sides of affiliate marketing. I.e. I've been an affiliate and I've also had affiliates for my products. I do believe affiliate marketing works. It's also one of the easiest ones to get started with (without having to create your own product, create sales letter, figure out how to accept payment etc.)

3. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your post ActionableBiz, do you have any website suggestions that allow people to be affiliates?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jay most major brands have affiliate programs of some kind. You could look at being an affiliate for sites like Amazon or eBay and you could also consider affiliate networks such as Commission Junction, Google and Click Bank.

5. lolunselin

lolunselin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your post ActionableBiz, do you have any website suggestions that allow people to be affiliates?

6. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate marketing is a way of promotion of other's people product and earning commission in return.It include process of promoting product using special link with a code only being used by you embedded into it.profit and scope much bigger over the internet.
    sorry,I don't have any website which will allow for affiliate marketing.

7. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now what would you guys recommend is the best way about going in the affiliate marketing stream? Would it be more successful through a blog of some sort doing reviews on a product and having a "buy now" button underneath?

8. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as a new SEOer, my boss told me to find some affiliates on Avangate, and there provide many affiliates and you can send emails to them. perhaps it is a rather difficult start for me and until not, I do not have any one reponse me. this is the only platforum I know in seeking affiliates.

9. jhaye

jhaye
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing Affiliates Business Is pretty fun Jay. There are many many many ways in which you can use as a way going about in the affiliate marketing stream. I recently been doing loads of research to 'maximize' my reach to bring in tons of traaffics. So what i basically trying to say is the best way for affiliate systems is any way that can bring traffic to your affiliate site. Of course it must be done in a legal way too :D.

10. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for all your helpful replies! Are there any good affiliate sites that you guys can recommend?

11. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically, most of time, I search affiliate on some forums. BAF, BHT and warriors.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jay, did you consider the ones I posted in post number 4?

13. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did just a little bit of affiliate marketing years ago and I know lots of people doing it. My opinions:

1. Lots or hard work and could be for little or no compensation. Keep in mind that you are like a traveling salesman, advertising and trying to sell someone else's product. If you're no good at marketing, it won't work well for you.

2. Don't think you can make a living doing this. At least, not unless you promote hundreds of products and many of them doing well. That's where lots of hard work comes in. If you're not prepared to do this, don't do it. If you don't have the skills you need, learn them or hire someone. If you're not going to enjoy it, don't do it. It helps if, like jhaye, you find it fun. Otherwise, it will feel like any other job you dislike and doing it just to make a bit of money. Don't quit your day job until you can make enough off affiliate marketing and this could take a while. Rather, see it as income supplement.

3. Stay away from Clickbank products, especially if you plan to use PPC to promote them. CB products are notorious for over-hyping and this is against most PPC services TOS. You know the kind: lose ten pounds by next Friday. Not all CB products but most I've seen. You are not going to help yourself if you promote stuff like that.

4. Don't promote what is popular. Everybody is promoting 1000 different books on losing weight. You are just trying to compete against all of them plus those promoting the same product plus the Jenny Craigs of the world.