Affiliate Marketing OR Blogging?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by rf-harris, Mar 7, 2016.

1. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate marketing and blogging are two of the most popular ways to making money online and many people are making good money using these two platforms but I would like to know which platform should someone choose, if he/she is just want to start making money online.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If your primary motivation is to make money, Blogging is not the way to go. The primary purpose of a blog is to inform and/or educate, and that is why most visitors will read a blog. I am sure that others will tell you that monetizing a blog means building the popularity, and therefore traffic, to a point where making money from the blog is feasible. Even then, it will take some time to make a substantial income from a blog. Affiliate Marketing, on the other hand, is specifically designed to make money from day one, although few will actually do so. There is also a variety of ways to advertise an affiliate site to those who have money to spend. Depending on the company with which you become an affiliate, they may even already have, or can help you with, ways to advertise your affiliate website.

• Like Like x 2
  3. anna c

anna c
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I could not agree more. Blogging can be monetized too but this comes after giving value to target market. I think it will be difficult to maintain a blog that is only created for the sake of earning. I'd suggest you go for affiliate marketing.

4. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your want to earn money only than i suggest you to go for Affiliate marketing because you can not earn well from Blog Posting.
    Blog makes you popular and build quality traffic on your website.

To get income from Affiliate marketing You will have to be expert in this.Effective advertisement should be there to earn income from Affiliate marketing.You will have to focus on target people in this.

5. Raj

Raj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to invest hard work and time, so you can harvest money later means; Blogging suits you, blogs also gives reputation in your field or niche.
    Otherwise Affiliate marketing is a good move, its a straight forward approach to make money

6. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate marketing may take some of your extra efforts and skills to earn. On the other hand, blogging is relatively easy, so I suggest blogging over affiliate marketing.

7. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can actually monetize your blog via affiliate marketing.
    Blogs which have quality content usually drive more readers’ attention and there is a high scope to turn them into loyal readers. Consequently, blogging shall also help in promoting product and services that can be done strategically using affiliate marketing. So, yes there is a way to make money from your blog using affiliate marketing. Here are the ways:

1. Choosing the right affiliate program (PPC, CPC)

2. Considering an affiliate aggregator service. Suppose your blog having more diversified topics, then you can go for the programs like VigLink that automates you to access more than 30,00 affiliate programs through which you can monetize the links for your blog.

3. Create such a content that sells

4. Integrating the affiliate links appropriately.

8. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, make a good blog and then you can use that blog for your affiliate marketing as well. Right? In this case you will cover both basis. Blogging as well as Affiliate marketing.

9. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've read a lot of sites that pick blogging as the best source of income; however, it takes time to establish a stead profit by means of a blog. It requires an enormous amount of time and effort to maintain plus there are millions of already existing blogs out there. It's hard to compete and expect to make money on your first post.

Try affiliate marketing first or you may try blogging -- you decide. If you choose to blog, you may find this post useful: https://smartblogger.com/make-money-blogging/

Let us know about your progress!

#9 Rosy Queen, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  10. praveenk

praveenk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its always better to promote affiliate products using eshops and blogs, so that you can use eshop showcase to show products to your clients and use blog to explain the product information and advantage to generate the traffic to your eshop website using blog.

11. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate Marketing is the highly profiting area of Internet marketing. For a newbie it will be difficult in the beginning but all failures are worth it because there is a very big money on it.

Blogging will not give you that much money but you can easily make some pennies without any difficulties!

12. Oldbuddy

Oldbuddy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The widest path to affiliate marketing success, is to have a lot of people willing to read what you say, that eventually grow to know, like and trust you. Hmmmm . . . sounds a lot like blogging, doesn't it? Of course there are other activities to further that goal effectively, like posting interesting content and comments in this forum (and others) that attract readers to your other works.

13. xhoni

xhoni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do Both, Why Should you pick one? You have better chances to create income

14. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

blogging may demand a lot of time and effort for a newbie who is just starting to learn how to earn online.
    my suggestion is to first establish a skill. learning affiliate marketing can be fun while you also learn so following webamsters journey to earn $20/day will give you an idea how they do it.

15. prathap

prathap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging is the is the best way to earn money, if you want to get a good amount then blog proper content , it should not be repetitive, nor it should be a copy of other . if you give really good information then you will be having many followers so your earning will be heigh