Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by gnine11, Feb 14, 2008.

1. gnine11

gnine11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a tyro in affiliate marketing. Can anyone tell me how, a blogger can make money through affiliate marketing.

What are the general rules for playing in this niche?
    What are the cautions?
    How to get the affiliates?

Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You might want to concentrate on building and developing a successful and profitable blog before you start trying to make money from it. If your blog includes quality content and you have good traffic going to it, it will not be too difficult to make money from it with programmes such as Amazon, CJ.com and Google Adsense.

However, if your blog is new, lacking in content and is not attracting many visitors it will be very difficult to make any level of money from it regardless of how clever you are with implementing affiliate schemes.

It is worth remembering that when your blog is in the early stages of development, too many ads can turn your visitors off to the extent that they don't visit your blog again. In summary I'm saying get a nice blog, write lots of original content for it and only then after you have built up some regular traffic should you focus on making money from it.

Do you have a blog yet?

3. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging can give you good earning but before that you must follow below rules:
    1.You should know what is your goal and how much time you wish to spend for it.

2.After analyzing the goal and time period to achieve it you should go for free blogging service providers such as blogger,wordpress etc.

3.You can choose any of the above...both are simple and user friendly.Start blogging with this primary level but don't underestimate it and choose the proper subject for your blog which will also helpful to the users.

4.Start writing unique and quality content on it and monetize the frequently used keywords for your blog so that your blog will get higher ranking.

5.Put ads on your blog nicely.

6.Submit your blog to major search engines like google and yahoo to drive more traffic on your way.

7.Use delightful template for your blog with a creative logo on it describing your blog!

8.Keep updating your blog on daily/weekly basis.

9.After getting enough of experience move on to the professional blogging.

You can use adsense(best in the market) to put ads on your blog.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogging For me is -

1) Writing a quality content
    2) Getting Sufficient Back links
    3) Getting a Quality Traffic

Thats it...........you will earn easily if you follow these steps.

5. gnine11

gnine11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all of you for your suggestions.
    But sometimes i feel that i dont have content to showcase i.e i feel what i know is so general that people can go to some news site or some other blog for that information.
    what should i do when i am in such dilemma?

My present blogs are :

http://cineaddict.com
    http://lifemainkabhikabhi.com

i will be obliged if you give your suggestions on how to improve my blogs.
    i will treat your comments as constructive criticism.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

gnine your second blog http://lifemainkabhikabhi.com does not open for me.

Your Cine Addict blog is a nice design and it is an excellent domain name, being a short and memorable dot com. It also has the advantage of being very descriptive of what is actually on the site. If you keep writing on your blogs you will learn how you like to write and what your visitors enjoy. Try to have some original angles in your blog and tell your visitors something about the movies that they may not know themselves even if they have seen the movie. This will give them original content on a topic they are interested in and hopefully keep them coming back for more.

7. gnine11

gnine11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry fegal, URL to my second blog is http://lifemainkabhikabhi.blogspot.com.

and thanks for your advice on my first blog. i keep that in my plan of actions.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member