Advise on Website

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by ChrisB, May 16, 2016.

1. ChrisB

ChrisB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I started a small business / website selling careers services (cv, cover letter and LinkedIn review) to professionals interested in pursuing a career in finance. The link is here: elitebanker.co.uk.

I still haven't received any sales (it has been two weeks now since I launched). I was wondering if you could critique my site and provide insight into what could be improved.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Chris.B

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Your site is a bewildering mixture of content and services. Not even sure if the domain name is right as it doesn't relate to your primary service.

I suspect you aren't getting any sales because it's not clear from the homepage you write cv and profiles. When I did find the offer there were no details, no testimonials, no case studies or anything to suggest you can deliver. You are expecting me to pay £40 without proof of anything. And you only take PayPal. If I were a prospective banker I'd want something far more professional.

Get rid of everything in the site that doesn't relate to the service, provide lots of content to show you can deliver, and offer bacs, cc payments.

And consider a domain name that tells me what you do. Anything with the word elite in it just looks wrong.

And provide an email address, phone number and address. These are powerful trust marks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your homepage is the first thing visitors see, so you have to give them a reason to stay, and explore the site further. The large picture(which, in my opinion, is much too large) says at the top "Apply With Confindence", and yet, I see nothing that makes me feel confident. Like fisicx said, there's nothing here that describes in detail what you do or how well you do it. On the Career Boost page, there is also very little detail about your services. You have a 7-day money back guarantee, but what exactly are you guaranteeing? What exactly is a guarantee "against any non-use of our services"? You also say the your service is an "excellent value" compared to more expensive services. Why? What makes it a better value?
    If anyone has any questions about your services, the FAQ page doesn't help - it doesn't "A" any "Q's" about what you do and how you do it.

What have you done to promote the site? People are not going to flock to the site just because you uploaded it, you have to let them know it is there. In addition to actual advertising of various types, you can participate in discussions in various networking sites and forums. You're also going to have to redesign your blog so it actually looks like a blog, and not a photo gallery. You can include photos, but the photos you now have are way too big. Then, promote your blog through social networking and sharing. Either way, it's going to take awhile for people to learn your site exists, two weeks is not long enough.

• Like Like x 2
  4. prathap

prathap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are not getting any customers then that means people are not aware of your business website. All you have to do is start promoting it. Create a social media awareness. that means create a Facebook page and post the products that you sell in your site. Do some seo work . Your business well slowly increase

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leonard Tran

Leonard Tran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it sounds great that you have started a new business. But, the most important thing after starting a new business is to make people aware about it, and for that you need to implement marketing strategy for making a strong business foundation.

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Leonard Tran, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good to know that you've started your business, however I think it would be better if you make your site very appealing to your targeted audience. When I visited your site I easily noticed that there are missing elements there that you need to address. Focus on making your site user friendly and make sure to do some marketing campaign using social media or apply seo as well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nicoli Redmayne

Nicoli Redmayne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to do first of all Online Marketing . Digital Marketing and Must do Search engine optimization (SEO) of your site , this is tha basic necessary Steps For Geting Business From Website , Thanks if you want to get more information about Digital Marketing and Seo Then Contact me Here ,we are providing services
    Thanks , :)

8. Kula V Diamond

Kula V Diamond
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site can not open now, I hope it will be available soon

9. Dynadot

Dynadot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't see your website since it looks like you're currently working on it. Your business website should make it clear that you sell career services for financial professionals right on your homepage. That being said, you shouldn't put too much info on the homepage itself. Your homepage should create enough interest so that visitors will want to know more about what you can do for them.

Then, create another page (or pages) on your website that has more information and gets into the specifics about what you do - cv, resume, Linkedin help, etc. Lastly, make sure you include a contact page, so customers can easily contact you to start using your services. Best of luck!

10. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think your homepage is not yet ready. Maybe you're working on it so take your time before finally launching it to the public. Make sure your homepage will look appealing to your target market so it will be interesting the moment they jump into your website.

11. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do thing to promote your website first. use social medias to bring visitors to you site. submit your site to some local directories so that people of your area may know your presence.

12. Kimberly Stannis

Kimberly Stannis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd say you need to make more of a clear "sales pitch" on your landing page, and give visitors and clear direction on what they should be clicking on to find the services that best fit their needs. Of course, you'll need to get substantial traffic first to get your sales moving, and you should also include good reviews from customers and testimonials on your page.