Advices for entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by pauline, Feb 3, 2011.

1. pauline

pauline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone !

I would like to know your opinion about this question.

As an entrepreneur, which kind of advice would you like to obtain or receive for your company?

Thanks in advance

Warm regards,

Pauline

2. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would want to receive an advice how to increase my sales?

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to receive the ways I can structure my company system and processes...

4. pauline

pauline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks you for your answer ava_carmen and scifi

- @ ava_carmen, can you tell me a little more what do you sell ?
    - @ scifi, have you already get some courses or internship for improve your skills at work ? Are you self-employed ?

Have a lovely day ;)

Pauline

5. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would be best to recieve some "Best Practcises" type of advice for my company

6. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Becoming a successful entrepreneur is not an easy task. Every entrepreneur must have a numerous qualities like open minded, innovative, self disciplined, optimistic, leadership quality and many more.

Thanks

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Pauline..

Yeah, I am an engineer with MBA in Marketing. I am self employed and is in Trading Business of weighing solutions & machinery.

8. pauline

pauline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for this sharing ;)

I wish you the best guys

Lovely day to all

Pauline from entreper

9. deanncarl

deanncarl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it is an online business I want to know which traffic sources generate the most business. If it is an offline business I would want to know what brings people in the door and keeps them coming back.

10. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually I sell a variety of products online. like for example, woodworking plans, how do I find the right market for this product, and how do I market the product and increase my sales?

11. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best tip I can give entrepreneurs is to never give up. A large percentage of entrepreneur give up once the road becomes bumpy. It is critical to keep pushing. :)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

13. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As an entrepreneur I am constantly looking for ways to sell myself, brand myself and get my existing work done more efficiently.

1) Specific actionable techniques that I can take right now to sell more of my services.
    2) Specific actionable ways that I can build a much stronger brand.
    3) Specific actionable ways that I can make my business much more efficient.

14. royalmayur

royalmayur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be a great entrepreneur, you need to follow some of business rules like , business strategy, time to time update, offers for rendered services etc.

15. f5mtadas

f5mtadas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is also spend money to earn money - cash back advertising.

you need good traffic resources. Just keep on testing free advertising sources track the results. I would recommend proffesional clicks trackers for that.

So track clicks in free advertising sources - that check where you could upgrade to get more exposure.

I know one well technique for Free classified ads sites that I am using for my business.

It works and it make money.

16. StarbidAuctions

StarbidAuctions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Id like advice on how to attract more members to my website

17. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some suggestions for you.

1)Use SEO to get your homepage to rank for the search phrase "ebay alternative". People searching for that phrase are in your target market.
    2)Add a huge graphic to your homepage that highlights your unique selling proposition. After I visited your website it was unclear to me why I should bother with it at all. (I am not saying this to be mean. I am being honest.)
    3)Your website is lacking social proof. There aren't many sellers. There aren't many items in that list on the left. If a seller finds your website, they are going to think to themselves that they are not very likely to sell much on there. You need to focus on getting more sellers first. Maybe that means you take the site down temporarily and build up a team of willing sellers before relaunching. You might need to bribe those sellers somehow. You might need to make it clear to them that the website will only take off if you can get enough of them to participate.
    4)Add a blog to your website where you write articles that talk about why your auction site is a better alternative to Ebay.
    5)Make a list of the top selling items on Ebay. Then go seek out people one at a time who sell those products. Make a case to get them to list on your website as well. Then focus your efforts using SEO to get those popular item auctions to show up for common search terms related to them. You need products that are really popular. That will get you more traffic.
    6)Instead of taking on a huge project like this by yourself, (taking on Ebay is no small task) you should assemble a team of people to assist you in this launch. This particular niche is a very (very) difficult market to crack.

18. f5mtadas

f5mtadas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I highly recommend you to use video marketing on youtube.

19. CeceMHill

CeceMHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to get advice on how to stay focused when day-to-day life keeps road-blocking my goals!

20. StarbidAuctions

StarbidAuctions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks i will try to work on these things and i have now made a new homepage explaining some of our features