Advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rseybert, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Rseybert

Rseybert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Charity suggestions?
    Me and 2 of my friends are sophomores in high school, and we are currently working on a project in a business class where we need to raise money for a charity. So we have decided to sell wristbands to locals, and donate the money for the research of a cure for breast cancer. Our main customers that we want to focus on are our athletes. We want to focus on them because we believe that when other kids at our school see them wearing them on the field they will also want wristbands. I want to know. Does anyone have any suggestions? What can we change or do to make this more successful? What's a better way to approach this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liftsmarter

Liftsmarter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would look into the various events and or organizations in your area that support cancer awareness. Breast cancer is one of the, if not the most supported form of cancer research/treatment and marches and charity events abound. Selling your wrist bands at such events would be a great venue. Local business like coffee shops will occasionally allow you to advertise or sell your produce at little or no cost. Your favorite networking sites are also going to help you sell them. Also, talk to your school about selling them at sporting concessions. I will warn you however, that much of cancer research funds simply get wasted on hospital/drug payroll. Be sure to take a hard look at your charity to ensure that the funds will go toward actual cure for cancer research, rather than to cheaper reproductions of chemo.

• Like Like x 2