advice please.....

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lovebirds143, Oct 8, 2010.

1. lovebirds143

lovebirds143
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have a wapsite . all my site users are mobile users only...... i am going to host my files in other file hosting sites like rapid-share,hot file etc...but is it possible to download files from rapid-share with "Normal mobile"(n70,n73..etc like this mobiles}..?
    is there any hosting site supports download via mobile without any problem..?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could try uploading some files there yourself and then see if you can download them with your mobile. Then try some friends' mobiles to see how they work on different models. Another option would be to contact the various file hosting sites, via their contact pages and ask them which mobile phones can be used to download and access their files.

3. blackhawk12

blackhawk12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many more sites by which we can upload and as well as download the files in which we can upload or download up to 10Gb. But only some mobile has the option of downloading such a huge amount of data. And that too Nokia mobile like N90, N95 are the best suitable mobile where you can download the large amount of data.

Blackhawk Partners

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best thing you could do is try it yourself. Upload a couple of files, with different filesizes ranging from 1mb, 10mb, 50mb, to 100mb, and download it using your mobile phone.

From what I knew, there are some filesize limitations on how mobile phones can download files from the internet and other mobile devices. Besides, there are tendencies that these mobile phones don't have expandable memory that they could use to store these files.

Besides, it would be a pain for mobile phone to download large files using WAP due to its slow speed. Even a 1mb file can take up half an hour in downloading...

Another option I can give you is to create a forum with mobile downloads so that users can just download them to their PCs and manually transfer it to their mobile phones.