Advice please! Pricing table on the home page. Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bleepingdesign, Jul 31, 2013.

1. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello BAF,

I'm trying to get a new design for my graphic design website. I have some questions for which i hope you would provide your valuable suggestions. The home page has a slider which will have links to portfoilo, About us, Services offered etc on each slide. Below the slider is some icons that tells the customer why to choose us.

Then it has a 3 column portfolio which actually links to the portfolio page.

I am wondering whether it will be a good idea to include pricing table right below the portfolio or is it a better idea to write a catchy statement with a button that will take the customer to a packages and pricing page..

If you think writing a catchy statement is better, then please provide some very Powerful Call to Action Phrases that will force the customer to click and proceed to the 'order now' page.

2. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't display the prices on the first page, except maybe for some special offers you may have.
    I also don't consider a "very powerful call to action" necessary (to take them to the price list), since all of those interested in your product / service will look for a link to the price list anyway. A simple "Check out our designs and prices..." may do the job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you constantin but what you have said, applies for people who are interested in my service. But for others ( I mean the new visitors) who visit via search engines ? Will the same trick work ? ( the one you suggested)

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It should ideally work. As anyone coming to your site if interested in the service would want to know the prices and as a result would click on it. And if they do not click then it is unlikely that they are interested in the service.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Rocky much appreciated!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

If there anything that disturbs or annoys you on the website? would you like to see any more functionality on www.design.bleepingtech.com

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're welcome! The site looks very professional. However, you could do with a tag line about your business. Can be below the title.

7. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't thought of a tagline as of now.. Thanks for reminding..

The site name that you see is the default version.. we are creating a logo soon..

Any unique tagline that you can suggest?