advice - out of memory issues on my VPS!!!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by tom52, Feb 5, 2013.

1. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am getting out of memory issues on my VPS.
    I have 384 MB of physical memory. I have one word press blog with about 1000 pageviews/day, and two other Wordpress blogs with about 50 pageviews/day. Should the traffis an setup I have be causing out of memory errors on my VPS, or is something not configured correctly.Any tips for optimizing a VPS and Word Press?

thanks!

#1 tom52, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Under normal circumstances you should be fine running those blogs on a VPS. Are there any really heavy files (in terms of memory), e.g. large image or video files on those blogs?

Have you contacted your host about the issue?

3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

384 MB is not a lot of memory. Are you also running a control panel on this VPS?

4. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using a caching plugin is another great way to enhance the performance your WordPress website.

A main problem many WordPress websites have when it comes to loading times is having huge images. There are many image editing applications where you can optimize your images for web, before uploading them. These are also some WordPress plugins which you can use to get the same results.

Another thing that can improve the overall website performance is WordPress database optimization. Since WordPress is a dynamic CMS (Content Management System), many of it functionalities are related with receiving, storing, eradicating and updating its database. You can use the command line to optimize the MySQL database.

Simply combine and the compress the CSS and JavaScript files of your WordPress site. This can easily be done through the WP Minify plugin.!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks jakson on your usable advice and others for their efforts!

6. don19

don19
    uix_expand uix_collapse

openvz or xen ? you may upgrade ram on your vps.

7. cupid

cupid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please note that centos 6 take all the available memory, it's doesn't mean this is out of memory.