Advice on Starting outsource call centre please.

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Amillionn1ideas, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Amillionn1ideas

Amillionn1ideas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am one of these people that doesn't go a day with out thinking of new ideas and whats going to make my a billion! Although very unlikely, I will make a million(!!)

I have many ideas of businesses but I feel they are something Id like to do further down the line when i have some serious equity behind me.

Im 25 years old and have a strong sales background, working in stocks and shares (legit - maybe not unfortunately) Timeshare, Utilities, Widows and conservatories, and loans.

I am looking to open my own call centre and outsource companies.
    Ive worked in professional call centres and not so professional as well as legit and not so. So I have an understanding of both sides.

My plan is to open up an office - 12 computers/lines with vipe to begin with.

Ive been researching as much as I can on outsourcing companies but not really had much luck so far.

I would be so so grateful if any of you guys could help me in regards to companies that you feel would be ideal to out source for a start up call centre, or if we cant mention companies, what field should i be looking in?

really appreciate your comments!!

2. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i think the idea is good but it would be really worthwhile if you out source for a renowned company otherwise most of your time will be spent in convincing or explaining thus causing frustration. I would opt you go for it, take that plunge and see how deep you can be. Good Luck with the idea and if you have any other idea of a profitable business please do share it with us;)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Amillionn1ideas. I spent a few years of my career working with a global call centre corporation and would be delighted to advise you in any way I can. What country or state would your business be based in?

You say that "Ive been researching as much as I can on outsourcing companies but not really had much luck so far" - Do you mean that you have been unable to identify potential future clients?

If you can please reply back here with a little additional info, we will offer you some advice and suggestions.

You might also find this previous discussion helpful - Opening an outsource call centre

4. Amillionn1ideas

Amillionn1ideas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you :) If you have the money we can always talk ;)

Thank you for your reply Fergal. I have been on my laptop constantly the last 24 hours and have been getting some great progress. I have made contact with 5 companies (not blue chip ) with a definite earning potential. Im in talks now with a company and things are looking good.

That aside, Im an experienced sales man but unfortunately not in starting up businesses. Im definitely up for the challenge though and am excited of what lays ahead.

Do you know whether id need any sort of licence or whether i must register with any organisation?

Very much appreciate all feed back!

Sorry Fergal.. I ive in Cardiff in Wales in the UK. Cardiff is the Capital of Wales and a great city with many Call centres.

5. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

you don't need any license for this

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Amillionn1ideas I don't believe that you need any form of licence in order to start and operate a call centre in the UK. However, you will need to be conscious of data protection legislation and ensure that you do not breach the privacy of any data you hold or collect. One of the most important factors in this regard will be ensuring that data you hold or collect on behalf of one client is not in any way used on another client campaign.

If you are serious about starting this business you should contact the UK Direct Marketing Association to get further details of the specific legislation that you will need to comply with.

7. Amillionn1ideas

Amillionn1ideas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal. I shall do! appologies for the number of threads! Good day.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's fine Amillionn1ideas, thanks for the reply. Please do post back here if you have any further questions and we will be glad to help you.