Advice on internet marketing training

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Owen, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends !

We have recently hired around 50 People (freshers) to our company. What our main aim is to provide them training and mold them as professional.

But I have some question that where to start with the training ?

Whether we need to teach them from SEO or whether we need to separate them as teams and training according to ?

Hope your advice would be helpful for us.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of roles will those new employees be involved in and what skills will you require them to have when they are fully trained?

3. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Fergal !

Well ! Recently, we have terminated around 150 people who are all been watched and noticed that they are not a worthy assets for the company. Depends on their performance report and various criteria we did this washout in our company. Those are:

1. Who do not have adaptability.
    2. Who do not have Self motivation.
    3. Who do not have Self interest.
    4. Who do not have proper communication between other teams.
    5. Who do not know their responsibility.
    6. Who do not willing to learn new updates in the industry.

So based on above criteria those people been pushed away. Now, more likely the remaining are from various teams like Blogging, sales, SEO , SMO, Link Building, Marketing, cold callers etc. They do not know what other teams are doing.

Their Main Role is to become Team Leaders who can teach the upcoming employees after 6 Months. They should be aware of each and every thing in the Internet Marketing.

For this I would need to prepare strategy plans, and need to submit in the next official meeting with CEO. Hope you will help me to prepare and understand what I need to do.

4. Apoorv82

Apoorv82
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should teach them complete seo process as it wil help them to develop their individual skills.

#4 Apoorv82, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Probably teach them creative writing and SEO. Being the Team leader I think would be the next but only to those who has potentials and are willing

6. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you truly want to make all of them perfect then you should divide them in different teams according to your require department and give them training according to need of that specific departments.

7. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, i agree. And thats why we filtered all. Now we have perfect team who has ability to learn and flexible. But question was where to start. Now we are getting cleared.

Nice suggestion, but everyone should knows everything? Or Should be split them as before ? Thats my question.

8. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my point view splitting and assigning different task is better. In this way you can measure their progress. But the main thing is making such team which goes better with their task. e.g you have to choose the right person for right team. Like content writer not goes to link building team etc

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest that you provide them with training in the following areas;

Background training on your company and its business objectives
    Customer Care
    Communication
    On the job skills - e.g. SEO in this instance

Once you have these basics covered you could move on to other areas such as;
    Reporting that team leaders need to do on the various campaigns you work on
    Supervisory skills
    How to motivate a team

How does that sound?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ Fergal

This is what I expected from you people. Hope this helps to define our vision and mission for the next couple of months.

Thanks

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would like to also add a bit basics of project management for them. It is a part of being a team leader and a supervisor probably. Also, you may want to include a monthly ILT (instructor led training) for your employees to give them monthly training grounds and as a whole for your company so that they would also know what other departments are doing.

Thanks
    Mark T

• Like Like x 2
  12. yourokcproperty

yourokcproperty
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

In my point view splitting and assigning different task is better. In this way you can measure their progress. But the main thing is making such team which goes better with their task.

13. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All worker will be fall into a pyramid system. The training can be break into the following group.

1 (advance training, out of 10 select 2-3). Select people have multi-talent and willing stay long. Management level, they pass through all training.
    11 (intermediate training, or of 50 select 10 people. Filter out people are not potential to promote, leaving soon, background) - senior worker
    111 (basic or training all 50 people must follow, regardless of their talent, background and skill) - junior worker

• Like Like x 4
  14. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all your comments and suggestion.

As Patrick Said, we just planned the same. The pyramid structured Organization.

15. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That can be a good way as well to sort out which of your current employees can work out and handle more responsibilities within your company or business. Other than simply removing those who were not able to pass the training you did, hmm - I guess relocating their skills or knowledge into something that they could surely be worth it for can be a good idea - and that take another brainstorming and research.

Regards,
    Mark T

16. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree with you. Also we should face this transformation to bring the organization to the next level of Business. I'm happy that we faced this transformation now instead of later. Really a learning process in business. More than a reading... Ha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats with that Owen. :) Every business goes into different difficulties but as long as you know how to go through it and stay optimistic, you sure could finish and carry your business into a more competitive market. :)

Goodluck.

Regards,
    Mark T

18. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like your suggestions too Mark T because i think that as an seo expert project management is more important to handle a seo project as do i.

19. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is - if you are a prospective Team leader or supervisor that is actually something that you should really know. And for those who are not in those levels, a bit basics of it still matters as they will have to handle their own projects and plans whenever they are given a project or a marketing plan.

20. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Thanks Matt T !

And Thanks for all the suggestions provided in this thread. Because of the effort and your suggestions, I was just promoted as Chief WebTech Adviser :)