Advice for website marketing/promotions

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by StirItUp, May 6, 2012.

1. StirItUp

StirItUp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm looking to gather some advice about the situation I'm in with my current website. I read through some of the answers here and was pleasantly surprised by the responses. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Here's the issue:

I developed and launched a website less than a year ago (will be a year in about a week). It's a sports information blog that has grown substantially since its launch date. It was tough early on, especially driving traffic during baseball season, which is a slow time of the year. In August, we added a Message Board, which has become quite active, as well.

Now, we are looking to increase our expose, while also adding revenue to the mix. Would like to gain it through selling ad space on the site. I'm curious as to what approach we should take. We already have an account where bidders can bid to buy space for a price they name. We can accept of reject, based on how it relates to the information our site provides. We also do affiliates and Google Adsense. Both have generated income, but we'd like to take it a step further and get either a sponsor or sell some higher-priced banner space either on the main page or in the forums.

Here's a quick look at the traffic we've had. These numbers do not include May-June (2011) since we started using Google Analytics July 1.

So in 10 months:

Visits: 808,127
    Unique Visitors: 374,068
    Page Views: 3,211,432

These numbers suggest that I should be able to sell ad space at a decent rate. But where do I look, and how do I approach it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any responses and I look forward to helping out in this forum with any information I can provide.

2. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

your objective is to increase the website exposure, the unique clicks will really matters so for you the number if unique click is good. the page rank and keywords position need to improve. The ultimate factor matters ids the page rank and keywords position. If both of these aspects are good, you can easily increase the unique clicks.

There are companies provides you the professional service in the promotion of your site, it helps to attract more potential customers to your site.
    As i heard Nichesuite Provides you professional service in Promotion of your site.
    Try Nichesuite

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You said you are a sports information blog - and you want to add some revenue generating from it right? One thing I can see that you can do is to, probably, become an affiliate or third party sellers of game tickets, if that is possible. Through your website, people or online users can have a good means via your website ti buy game tickets, etc. Depends of you will be allowed to do so as it takes a long process to get approved.

4. StirItUp

StirItUp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Appreciate the feedback. I've actually contacted a ticket selling company. Plan on contacting more, once I get an idea of whether or not they'd be interested. Here's my next thought, let me know what you think..

Finding someone to sell our ad space for us. Not necessarily paying a company to do it. But rather, finding a sales rep (or company) that will sell our ad space for commission. We'd give them like 30-40% of the overall sale. Something like that. Is that feasible, or unrealistic?

Like I said, we are trying to get to the point where we can profit on our efforts. It's been a grind building from the ground up and we're ready to take it to the next level. Our first goal was to increase traffic and a following. That's been accomplished.

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. StirItUp

StirItUp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Already use Adsense. Was looking for more of a company that uses sales reps that work on commission. Can anyone suggest some of these companies?

We aren't looking to pay a company an upfront fee. What we want is someone that will sell the ad space and then take 30-35% of the commission from the sale -- this would be theirs (or the company's) pay.

7. alishakapoor491

alishakapoor491
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To promote online you can use different techniques of SEO or hire someone to do the same

8. alishakapoor491

alishakapoor491
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use different techiques of SEO to promote your site or hire someone to do the same