Advice for Social Media marketing and its analytics

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by msig, Oct 14, 2014.

1. msig

msig
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wondering what kind of social media marketing strategies people are using or have found to be the most useful.

also how do you use the analytics to improve? as in what kind of metrics do you look at for facebook, twitter, and tumblr

thanks!

2. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn a lot, everyday. I use Hootsuite so I can post to them at the same time. sometimes I might post 100 times in a day, almost everyday. I get a lot of hits every time I post. More than half of my followers aren't even seeing the posts but every post still goes to the social media sites and the public sees them every time.

Most everyone would think this is spam. I've been doing this every day since the beginning of the year and none of the sites has ever warned me or mentioned anything about the amount i post.

I get tons of traffic, retweets and followers.

I've posted so much, my Google+ posts show up fifth on Google page one searches for almost all my keywords on every or any search. If I'm searching for something sometimes, there's my picture and post right there on page one. It makes me happy every time I see it.

I would take a picture of the Google searches to show you, but I think it would just be considered to be advertising. But, if anyone wants, PM me and I'll show you.

so my advice to anyone is, dont be afraid to post on social media alot, and im talking alot. i sit here all day and post to social media

#2 tunescool, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  3. msig

msig
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks tunescool! posting too much was one of my worries but looks like its a good strategy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Whether tunescool's strategy is a good one depends on what your ultimate goal is. In particular, a few things stood out when I read tunescool's post.

"More than half of my followers aren't even seeing the posts" - if their not seeing your posts, what is the reason for having them? Even better, why are they following you?

"Most everyone would think this is spam" - that's because it probably is. If someone makes 100 posts a day and their followers don't see them, that's spam, no matter what the social media site owner does. Just because you apparently haven't been punished for it - yet - that doesn't make it right. It also doesn't mean you won't eventually be punished.

"I've posted so much, my Google+ posts show up fifth on Google page one searches for almost all my keywords"..."I would take a picture of the Google searches to show you" - I put these two together because I would like to see it for myself. Not necessarily a picture, but to see how long the ranking actually lasts. I'm guessing it wouldn't last long.

These techniques may be good enough for someone wanting to get temporary traffic for each of their blog posts, but if you own a business, you want consistent results that will bring you traffic on a consistent, long term basis, allowing you to be seen as an authority in your space, and substantially increase your sales.

5. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumble and LinkedIn are my favorite Social network for distribute my blog posting. I can roughly analyze them see the number of page view statistic.

As use blogspot, there are traffic tool for checking how blog being view easily. I think I okay with that.

6. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i dont think followers actually look at everyone they follow posts, but some do

someone has 10,000 followers

are we to think everytime this someone posts, 10,000 people are going to go on their computer and look at that post?

no way

the same someone posts again the next day, are the same followers going to run out and look at that post

youre kidding

what you actually get out of social media compared to the big you have to have followers ratio is probably not taken into consideration by most. most people dont care, they dont want to follow you for your posts, they just want to be part of the follow system, to get more followers. i dont look at one single post of anyone i follow, except celebrities

sure Paris Hilton has 13 million followers and people are gonna look, but not too many actually care about yours no matter how many followers you have

a twitter like BAFs, people follow and look at, but the average person with a site, which theres millions, isnt gonna make it to be that big or important. they are just getting some stuff done on twitter and thats all your pretty much gonna do, some stuff

thats why i have followers joe, its there, you get up in the morning and if you have websites thats what you do, everyone does. i want to have alot of followers. there is no quality of followers, you get what you get. if they look at your posts they look at your posts, most people arent gonna know anyway

so theyre following me either because they just follow people because its just what you do on the internet, you follow anyone and everyone whether you look at their posts or not. or some like my posts sometimes, and probably once every month or two if that

pretty much i think my first response says this

nobody honestly cares to follow hundreds of twitters with intention of looking at their posts everyday. do they follow them, yes and if youre an average internet marketer you follow alot of twitters. thats the goal, to follow alot and have connections so you are out there and someone may follow you or see your posts

it wasnt my goal to post alot on social media and all of a sudden im in every search, but i am. if it doesnt last then it doesnt. i didnt set out to achieve this

its no technique im using to get myself ranked on google, i post that many times a day so different people see my posts on, google+, facebook, twitter, and linkedin. the main pages of those networks. people look at the main flow of posts all day long and i get maybe 10 to 30 hits for every post i make

7. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, there is no sense in posting 100post a day, if no one is neither liking nor even favorite or retweet to your tweets. It is spam and by doing so you will just increase the number of tweets in your profile.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you have a blog, and your goal is to get people to read it, then you're right, publishing 100 posts a day will get you a lot of readers. If that is all you want, then you can continue to do what you are doing. However, if you want actual followers who do actually read every one of your posts, you're going to need to be selective about when you write your posts and where you put them. Some people use their blogs to make extra money, so, for them, reaching enough of the right people is going to be important.

If you are an internet marketer, you are marketing something to people who have an interest in purchasing it. Therefore, your posts have to reach, and appeal to, the right kind of people. You cannot simply flood the internet with 100 posts a day.

That is precisely my point. For you, getting people to read your posts is your goal, and it is apparently working for you. You are happy with the results, and can continue for as long as you wish. However, if someone's goal is to rank on Google, their posts, updates, or tweets must be more targeted to reach the right people. Unfortunately, msig did not specify what his/her goal is. If s/he has a business website, and wants to increase his/her rankings and sales, your strategy might not be the best one to use.

9. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm i use facebook, twitter, and Linkedin and in some cases Facebook, LinkedIn, instagram and pinterest. Instagram and pinterest they both are very good from the point of driving traffic to your website.

10. nidhish

nidhish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Facebook more then any other social site but i also keep a close eye on other sites as well . I would say Facebook, Pinterest, twitter & Google+ are very useful for gaining traffic for our business .

11. joycecordero

joycecordero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is dying. Linked In is more of social and you will find real connections..
    Twitter gets you on hook

12. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally disagree. It works better than ever, in my opinion. I has just become more complex and it's not in everyone's reach anymore without a basic understanding of how advertising works.

13. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Already some great points have been mentioned by the fellow members. A few strategies that I have used are posting creative, thoughtful content, quotes, post offers on various social media platforms such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram etc. Almost every platform provides their own analytic tool, so not to worry. Another would be MOZ tool.

#13 brainmoore, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  14. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi msig ,

I've been using Bugger since I first discovered it, and I've been hapy with it the entire time. However, what's made me notice the company is your willingness to continue innovating.

15. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just creating account on social media websites and circle with more people is just not guarantee of social media optimization success, you need to create unique and fresh as well as interesting post otherwise they will get bored and remove you from there circle. Second main thing, target your future customers and invite like minded people there.
    In analytics you can see engagement. Because of it you can analyze - which types of post and which time posting got more likes than others.