Advice for my site?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by applebai, Dec 21, 2010.

1. applebai

applebai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, all, I am newbee here, but it is long time for me to find any approach to promote the sale of my store. My store mainly sells lolita dress, wedding dress, cosplay costume, zentai suits and others. I will appreciate any advice can help me to improve.
    Thanks!:confused:

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

[Thread moved]

Welcome to BAF applebai! Thanks for posting your question here.
    First of all, we want to know more about your site. Can you share us the URL of it?

#2 GekiDan, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  3. applebai

applebai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks! GekiDan. My site is trustedeal.com. How I can increase sale.

4. Sion

Sion
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello and welcome to this forum. Hope you'll enjoy your stay. :)
    I saw your site. Looking nice. I suggest you to promote your site from SEO. SEO (search engine optimizer) is the best way for rank your site up. :)

5. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In addition to promoting SEO on your site, you can try to increase your social media campaign as well.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at your site, and you don't have too many organic rankings. Sion is correct - SEO, if done properly, can help the rankings of your site, thereby increasing your visitors and sales. It will take at least a few months to see results from an SEO program. I noticed you are apparently not running any PPC ads. Although it could be more expensive, depending on your spending level, it will bring you traffic, and hopefully increase your sales, quicker.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply.
    From the first look, your site is good. Professionally designed I might say.
    But, my WOT (Web of Trust) add-on from Firefox prevented me from entering fully on your site. It had a very bad rating (full red), due to the following reasons: spam, and selling of counterfeit items. Here's a link to the report: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/trustedeal.com

Do you by chance spam your links on various sites, forums and blogs? Or sell counterfeit items?
    To be honest, I stay away from sites with low ratings on WOT since they are user driven and most of the time correct.

8. bulkybo

bulkybo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to advertise your site on facebook, adsense or other advertising sites. Another way to promote your business/website is to insert your website on sites that compare the prices of products. Also try to create a web blog where to write day by day about your products

9. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nicely built site..i really loved it..few images on your site does not have alt text so provide alt text for all the images.. and use seo to promote your site... use social networking sites like facebook etc to promote your site..also write article related to your product & publish it on various article sites with a link back to your site.. or start your own blog..

10. RichStudentCom

RichStudentCom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey applebai,

Your site looks good, and it does looks like many chinese online stores, maybe you have the template for it. Looks good, and professional.

Yes, you can try to run PPC campaigns for your store. Big stores like lightinthebox, etc they get good traffic from ppc and earns a lot of money.

And, remember, success comes from the mind. I train people to have successful mindset, and if you have any questions you can contact me.

Success To You,

Rich Student

11. gakbisatidur

gakbisatidur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can you explain about SEO, i cannot understand it clearly..with an example if you care:)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization and is the process and methods used to improve a website's ranking in the major search engines.

13. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The basics of SEO is how search engines create the list of sites that are shown when someone types a word or phrase into the search bar. For example when you type in the word 'shoes' to google in order to get people to find your site that sells shoes, you need to optimize your site so that it shows up in the top rankings.

14. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase your sales you need to find customers ( interested customers ). You can look for them at facebook, in forums, blogs, you can also write articles and submit them in article directories. Don't forget to add your site URL at the end of the articles. People will read your articles and reach your link, check it and buy from you. Another thing you gain from articles is you get high ranked in google to reach the first page in results. You can make a list of interested people in your products, your sales will be from this list. To know more about how to make your list and how to have a successful business online.

All you need to do is spend some time at first, then sales will come to you.

15. clydeshaw09

clydeshaw09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think applebai hires someone to build links for him. It better that you choose to hire people or you can told them not to spam in doing link building. SEO is very important for your site to increase its PR that is why you should do it carefully.

My advice for you to improve your sales is to fix up your site then do SEO properly. You can use facebook in advertising your products too.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most likely, if we put "shoes" on Google Search, it will lead to sites that describes what shoes are, not sites that sell shoes.
    If you want to sell shoes, proper keywords will be needed like "buy shoes," or "shoes for sale."

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Good point. One word keyword phrases are also very expensive, and for the reasons Dan states, you might get a lot of people who may not be looking for the type of shoes, or in applebai's case, dresses, that you sell. The closer your phrase is to describing your business, or the products or service you sell, the more likely you are to get visitors who are going to buy from you.

18. Joe'sClark

Joe'sClark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site looks great! One thing I'd do for aesthetics is to keep it really simple, really clean. the white background is an excellent start. SEO, keeping it uncluttered and well the product you are selling is all important. Good luck with your business!

19. adwordsmogul

adwordsmogul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You obviously haven't put "shoes" as a search term ;)

All of the top listings are for shoe stores.

20. shayaristore

shayaristore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use PPC to increse traffic instantally or use seo services