Advertising

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by graphic designer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seven years experience as a graphic designer. I am starting my own business in graphic design. What is the best form of advertising to acomplish this ? Direct mail. Online advetising for free ?

2. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First make a site which is known as your company then start promoting it by the way of SEO. That will be the better for your business.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with printingray, the first thing you need is a site that shows good strong examples of the kind of work you do. Once you have a website you can begin to promote your services online and offline.

graphic designer, I visited the Wix link in your signature, do you plan on building another site to showcase your services.

4. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with the printingray. You must have a website where you can upload previous work whatever you have done. Make a portfolio this attracts and all clients ask about your work before give you job. There are several way to advertise your work. But you must take a first step. Create a unique design for your website and put useful contents.

Wish you good luck :)

5. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You really should get a custom domain for your site that showcases your portfolio rather than using a subdomain off of wix. It's easier to market that online as well as locally. While online advertising online through search engines and communities is always good, don't neglect your local market as well. The need for graphic design is huge. On the design front, we get a ton of business from our local markets.

6. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely showcase your work. Although on the SEO part of it, Google is making some weird shifts, so I would say also diversify your traffic IMHO

7. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Participate and win the contest, this is one of the best way to get publicity to show off your design skill. From your company get reputation, and gain backlink from authority site.