Advertising your website without SEO tools

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Davidj, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,

I have an Irish Language tutoring service whose target audience is less when compared to other languages. I read that the best SEO is to make a good website. I have been unable to find any websites(besides this one) that allow users to post links in their signature, and thus I'm depending on the quality of my website. With this information in mind, is it possible to advertise without using SEO tools? If I'm incorrect, what tools do you suggest?

thanks,

Davidj

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are more platforms. one tool you can use is to do video marketing in youtube. There are millions of people going to youtube every day and its more likely to get clients if you only have good video that will appear on searches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may also use facebook to promote your website so that you can get more clients for your site.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terry Hopper

Terry Hopper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use twitter, tumblr for promote your website and get more client for your website. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Folks,

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it!

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You've got the first part wrong. It should say "The best SEO starts with a good website". You want to have an informative, easily navigable website that provides visitors with what they are looking for. Once you have that, you then have to make it search-engine friendly, so that the search engines will know where to put your website, and provide the search engines with high-quality links so they can "grade" you to find out what position in the listings your website should have. The reason I mentioned "high-quality" links is because of your statement that "I have been unable to find any websites(besides this one) that allow users to post links in their signature, and thus I'm depending on the quality of my website". Sorry to burst any bubbles, but forum signature links are NOT what the search engines are looking for.
    First. let's address getting your website ready for the search engines. I cannot tell what, if anything, your web pages are ranking for, or your backlinks, because any tool I attempt to use gives results for the root domain - weebly.com. You're probably going to want to get a domain of your own. This will also eliminate the advertising for your hosting provider at the bottom of the page, which encourages the visitor to leave your page. After all the work you put in to get them there, the last thing you want them to do is leave. The first thing you want to do is find out what phrases people use when looking for what you do.These are the phrases you want to rank for. You're going to want to make sure you use these phrases in your Title Tag and "Description" meta tag, as well as in the content of the page. I know, some say the tags aren't necessary, but the more relevant they are to the search, the more likely they are to be used as the title and description in your listing. It also reassures the searcher that your page has the information they are looking for. Using the keywords in your content makes the page more relevant to the search - just don't overdo it. Speaking of content, when I looked at the source code I saw a lot of coding and scripts, but no actual content - you know, words, that people (and by the way, the search engine's bots) can actually read. You're going to need to have some, or you're never going to rank.
    Now, let's address your difficulty in finding "websites(besides this one) that allow users to post links in their signature", and where you should actually be putting your links. YouTube videos, actually in the description of the video, would be a good place. You should also use them in the video, so if you provide a transcript, the links would be there as well. Facebook is also a good idea, Twitter would be a good place to share links to articles and blog posts you have written, as would Facebook. You'll also want to join networking sites, and participate in discussions there, plus start a few of your own.
    You can use other forms of advertising, both online and offline, in addition to SEO, not instead of it. You just have to make sure that when you use SEO, you do it properly - or hire someone to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent! Good to know. I'll start on these steps.

Thanks much :}.

David

8. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Should meta tags be one word or two words? I'm curious which one bots read.

9. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, this is true, and if you don't have that much to hire someone, then you are really obliged to read and learn more about making Good SEO Strategies. And hey, if you're going to Hire, I would recommend you to contact joeroxx, for sure he knows what to do.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Are you talking about the word itself being "meta tags" or "meta-tags", or the actual tags themselves? If the former, it makes no difference, since the word "meta-tag" is not in the coding of the website. If the latter, the actual format for the "keywords" meta tag would be, for example:
    meta="keywords", content="Irish Language Lessons", "Learn Irish Language"

In the example above, the tags themselves are actually three words. There is some discussion of whether or not the "keywords" tag is actually necessary, but if you use it, do not duplicate a two-word keyword used as part of a three-word keyword, that could be considered keyword stuffing. which is a bad idea. In our example above, you would not want to also specify "Irish Language", "Learn Irish" or "Irish Lessons". You should, however, use keywords in your "Title" tag. For example, for your homepage, the Title tag would read:

<title>Learn the Irish Language. Irish Language Lessons from Shamrock Teaching Service</title>

You'll notice I added the word "the" because it sounds more natural when you read it. The search engines are capable of seeing "Learn" and "Irish Language" without the "the". In fact, you can even do it this way:

<title>Learn the Irish Language with Lessons from Shamrock Teaching Service</title>

The Search Engines will be able to separate out "Learn Irish Language", "Irish Language Lessons" and "Learn Irish".

• Like Like x 1
  11. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO will be a long slow process - there is no quick way. If you want immediate exposure, try Google adwords. But be careful - it can be expensive

• Like Like x 1
  12. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with CoolHandCol that SEO is a long process. I just visited our website and found only 2 articles on your blog. In order to drive traffic to your website, you should update your blog frequently with fresh articles. Your articles should be relevant and should answer the questions which people normally have, related to your niche off course. Don’t forget to share your articles on Social Media.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everyone for their answers. I think I understand the keyword portion correctly now. Its more complex than I imagined! Yes, concerning the blog, I will be adding more in the future :}.

14. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    SEO tools are basically used for checking website ranks and website health etc. It's best that you are keeping the quality of your website higher. If your website is on wordpress than it's for you to install SEO plugins for your website which actually acts like SEO tools which purpose is to make your website SEO friendly so you can easily do that or higher someone who can do SEO touch ups to your website for better rankings.

15. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, SEO plugins do help to make the website SEO friendly. AS you are doing Forum posting in sites with high PR, you can also do social bookmarking and image submission.

#15 Avni Shergill, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  16. OakMarkLondon

OakMarkLondon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is much more than just a backlink from your signature. It basically consists of on site, off site, and technical SEO optimization.

On site optimization: title tags, headers, anchor text, keywords, etc
    Off site optimization: backlinks, number and quality of referring domains,
    Technical optimization: site and url architecture, canonization, pagination, geo targeting