Advertising on TV

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by noreturn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So with TV probably the second most active thing in the world to do on your free time advertising on it can change your business. At least that is what people say..

I dont think it can because I watch advertisements all the time and I dont do anything except watch them. I know a few people would actually call or go to your website but not many.

But spending so much money may or may not be worth it, sometimes advertising on T.V. is only a few hundred or even a few million. So where is the line of to much money crossing to advertise your website?

Or should you not advertise on TV a all? If you do how much should you invest in the commercial to be appealing and eye catching.

2. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its about your marketing budget and target audience, lets say; if you want to sell product for the people who do not use internet at all then?? in such case you will have to promote theme through television or other relevant medium.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One factor to consider with TV advertising is that less people are watching those adverts now. New technology that allows viewers to pause and skip through TV programs means that more viewers can skip through the adverts, without even seeing them. TV advertising is mostly the preserve of companies with huge marketing budgets, who want to keep their brand name at the top of consumers' minds.

4. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On TV advertising is called world wide marketing. It's a lot of helpful in your business. But it's not a easy for normal business person. You have to spend lot of money for it. Now on digital adds or marketing also going on TV. Like any sports they used this technology for promote there products or much more. Number of people who watching TV daily. Means you are targeting lot of people as you can from all over the world. But still i say it's not so easy as well as.....

5. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertising on TV is a nice idea since many people watch TV and they get almost information through advertisement but it is a one way communication channel one can't inquire about the information directly like we find on internet.

6. Natcoweb

Natcoweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hate adverts on TV, it nerves me utmostly.

7. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think about why that is. You see an ad - doesn't matter what it's selling. If you don't need or want that product, you're not going to go and buy it just because you saw it on TV.

TV ads are there mainly for branding, not getting people to come to your store. They want you to remember them when you do need or want what they're selling. That's why McDonald's for example does so well. You see a lot more of their ads. So when you want a burger, which restaurant are you more likely to think of first? Ever noticed too that kids say "let's go to McDonald's"? It's not because they like that restaurant better but because of being bombarded by their ads all the time.

What are you selling? Where? What's your budget? Remember too that there's the cost of advertising and also the cost of creating the advertising.

• Like Like x 1
  8. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May people don't visit your site but after all they aware about your site which thing make your site or business a brand. Every person which will listen about your site will be aware of it which is called branding. Visitors are not the main thing branding is the main thing which will increase your business worth as well visitors automatically.

9. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TV ad is a nice idea and TV is a traditional media, but the traditional media has been developing to the new meida.
    The traditiaonl media dose have the trendacy to be new media.

10. roillinpr

roillinpr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think TV audiences are different, but it works. I think teens and young adults use internet more often than watch the TV.

11. jkg1856

jkg1856
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The biggest downfall for smaller businesses using tv is that they rarely have a clear offer and call to action. Only then can you actually measure the effectiveness of the ad. And the smartest advertisers provide offers that are not purchases (yet). Offers for free information, consumer guides, etc - where there is no "buy this thing right now" offer - those tend to work very well. Proactiv does this, Bosley does this and it can be very effective.

I would test the offer online first, find the highest converting offer, language, etc. You'll never know how effective it is or isn't until you give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I rather use Facebook ads for my marketing plan. Think about it, most people spend more time in Facebook than watching TV today. Do you agree with that? Maybe at the past, TV is the most effective advertising channel. But today, there are many options you can choose from.

• Like Like x 1