Advertisement

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by bmk, Feb 16, 2010.

1. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I have a project of soap and I have to run a advertisement campaign.
    I need some Interesting Ideas about the advertisement.
    links and suggestion are really helpful in this regard.

Specification of a SOAP
    Its a baby care soap
    Its anti bacterial
    etc

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Where will you be place the ad bmk, will it be on a website, TV or radio, etc? Do you have a link to a site with some further details on the product?

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A TV advertisement will be a good idea to promote your product.
    You might need a good endorser for it.

4. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you heard about viral marketing? I've heard that it was the most effective way in selling soaps if your brand is still unknown to the market. I suggest that you watch this video that tells about selling soaps and viral market. You should watch this for better understanding.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vj29qmLnBiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vj29qmLnBiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj29qmLnBiE

#4 makatiofficespace, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great video makatiofficespace, thanks for sharing that with us. I've embedded it into your post, hope you don't mind.

This video entitled "Exclusive! Leaked! How to make Viral Videos!" also includes great tips, should you decide to use the viral video approach. By the way don't let the image deceive you, there's no adult material in the video :)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0EQ5HYPz1w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0EQ5HYPz1w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EQ5HYPz1w

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was shocked when I see the thumbnail or preview of that video. I though some spammer might have posted it here. But luckily, it's just a good way to bait people to watch the video you made.

7. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi bmk,

Personally, I think that you can also advertise your product on web. Just like the other posts from fergal and makatiofficespace you can also try and make a video. Why not make an advertisements on social networking sites? To add up cuteness for your baby products, you can also make a video of an adorable baby on it. :)

You can also try explaining briefly on how good your products are, moms are always going for products that are perfect for their babies.

Hope this helps. :)

Good luck with your Ads!

8. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Thanks to all you and specially makatiofficespace for sharing the video its really helpful.
    Fergal I am still thinking that what kind of media source i have to choose for the advertisement I am thinking the advertisement on TV and ad on website will be a nice option.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Successfully introducing a new soap into the market can be very difficult, depending on what country markets you will be targeting. There are some very strong companies in these industries, such as Unilever and Proctor & Gamble, and these companies will often react strongly to defeat new competitors in the market.

Do you have logistics and distribution plans in place, to get your product on the shelves and in front of customers?

How will you be positioning your product, will it be targeted at the higher end of the market or priced in the lower cost category?

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest go on the low price market. Most people like to buy low priced yet quality items.

11. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

??

I have planned to distribution channels with respect to the demand in the market and the way through which I will run the Logistics of the Soap.
    Fergal can understand that WHERE IS THE OPPORTUNITY THERE IS A THREAT as well P&G and LIVERBROTHER are the giants in there business and they know how to do the business well ,but there is always a chance of success if you can find the Gap between Needs and the solution available for it.
    I have map out all the Important things you have pointed out.
    Wish me a luck
    Thanks you VEry Much

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update bmk and good luck with the business. Please keep us posted on how it is working out for you and let us know if you have any further questions.

13. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertisement Theme

I am under the process of making the theme for an advertisement on all the major medias such as radio broadcasting,Television,and Paper Media.
    But I am not getting any appropriate idea for that,

Any ideas or suggestion regarding this

I really thankful to you all guys,as you all already help me a lot in this process and Friends I appreciate your all kind support and encouragement.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What about a serious theme focusing on parental love? - "Really care for your baby using our anti-bacterial soap. Our soap is mild and gentle on baby skin and removes 99% of all germs known to affect your baby's health"

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you should have that kind of thing (I can't spit out what to say) in your product so that it can be believable. If not, it's gonna be bad for your business.

16. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi :)

GEKIDAN
    Thank you very much for the suggestions,
    Low price products having very huge market
    Most of the people really do not care that what is the quality of good they are buying, they just take at the back of there mind that the purpose of the work should be done.They are price conscious not quality conscious.

17. China South City

China South City
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A TV advertisement would be good for your products

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't think that applies when parents are buying products for their baby. They are very quality conscious and will generally make a big effort to buy the best for their child.

19. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TV Ads would surely be good for anyone but it is very costly at least here in India. I would suggest to make a good promotion of it Online. There are several new methods online and some of them are already mentioned above. The old means like Radio and other are really old and I think they are used no more. But, still old helps much but the new means like Youtube promoting and others helps a lot.

Youtube is a very good platform and it really helps good amount of traffic but still the method promoting is known as "SPAM" and chances of getting banned and losing your account.

20. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sahil

You are absoultly right,but you know what the media in overall world is much much strong one can not even imagine about it.
    Just a blink Media make it a blast.
    One of the fastest growing media in the world is media of PAKISTAN.
    Any ways the promotion techniques are always play huge role in the success or failure of any product.Specially when you are going to launch the product beacause it 80-20 failure and success chances.
    So i am postive about my product and I will share with you all the advertisement for the product.

Danke