Advertise a Muppets forum

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by FB92, Aug 23, 2011.

1. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since The Muppets is a less known topic around the web what are some decent ways to advertise the forum? It's a unique forum idea as no one else ahs really done it but that said how can I get it known?

Any help appreciated. Thanks :)
    http://muppetsforum.info

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could start promoting it by adding a link to it in your signature here on BAF. How do you feel about posting on other related forums and blogs with a link in your signature and profile?

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i find it hard to actually promote such forum as i think kids don't actually chat about these things online. but i'd probably start and online store for it like http://store.muppetsforum.info and sell some muppet toys and etc..

the forum will serve as support.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Having discussed the forum with fluffybunny elsewhere on BAF, I belive it is intended to be a gathering place for fans of the Muppets, and would not be an appropriate place for store support, since he does not intend to open a store.
    As far as advertising, linking to it in his signature here and on other forums is a good one. I had suggested a Facebook page elsewhere, and would like to repeat that suggestion here, as "Friends" on the Facebook page could also become members of the forum.

5. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's weird how you say kids. Hardly any kid knows what The Muppets is.

And I'll be browsing around forums and adding the link to my sig and doing promotion topics for it but I feel that will not be enough in the end.

6. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why don't you organise link exchanges with relevant sites, forums and blogs?

7. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the past when I had this people were useless about it and often removed the link too early so know I'm a bit iffy about it. I did post a few replies to The Admin Zone post exchange topics and I have 180 Postloop points so it's not really the content I'm after too.