Advantage Of High PR Backlinks

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by shawnrichard2000, Feb 22, 2011.

1. shawnrichard2000

shawnrichard2000
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

The reason why backlinks carry so much weight is because this is the basis and foundation of how Google came about. What's important to remember is that without links, Google would not be-able to be a good judge on who to rank for what and how to gather information. It's just a bot, and the bot sees links and gathers information on these links. The links that hold long term value are two things. PR of the link and if the link is permanent.

This is a problem for some people because they've purchased links from other SEO Companies and the links were not permanent and so they got a nice boost in the SERPS but then quickly went back down after their links were deleted by site administrators etc...
    So what makes your different to rank well? What keeps you popular to get you on the first page of Google. What does it take to get to the first page and into the first 3 positions of Google? These are questions that we all ask and the answer is backlinks. Backlinks on high pr websites are what hold value over your competition.
    If you have any kind of budget for your marketing by all means you need to pour some of it into a really good quality backlink service. There are many services out there offering to post links for you but it's a challenge to actually find backlinks that hold a lot of link juice.

2. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Backlinks have become so important to the scope of Search Engine Optimization. Search engines calculate the relevance of a website to a keyword, they consider the number of quality of inbound links to the website have specially Google.

Thanks

3. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While I agree that backlinks are a huge factor in ranking well for targeted keywords and relevant terms, I feel as though this post puts too much emphasis on the strategy alone. One must focus on other off-page optimisation options as well as on-page, which is by far more important as you could gain very high PR backlinks from related websites, but should your website be poorly constructed (and developed) with awful optimisation for search engines, then it proves to be relatively difficult to achieve conversions and a good ROI.

4. steveryan

steveryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I just joined and very pleased about it. My 0.2c on backlinks is that the Big G is going to change the algorithm a lot this year and that means diminshing the influence of backlinks in favour of social media factors. So my own advice is that you should twitter and facebook enable your websites and get as many suubscribers as possible, because pretty soon the Big G is going to be putting a lot of value in social proof factors.
    So keep the backlinks coming, but throw a lot of effort in twitter and facebook integrating your site.

Steve Ryan

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to BAF Steve. That's very interesting and I'd love to read a little more about it, do you by any chance have links to additional info on it?

6. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you are right about Google increasing their emphasis on social links. Don't forget though that social links are still highly manipulated by spammers. This will deter Google from putting too much weight behind them. Links have to be trusted if Google is going to give them much ranking weight. Social networks are the easiest places for spammers to manipulate using software. All of the social networks are loaded with fake profiles and spam.

Google does love Facebook. Unfortunately it cannot read much of what is posted on Facebook because its bots cannot crawl Facebook thoroughly. The website structure of Facebook prevents the bots from doing so. The bots constantly run into links that cannot be crawled.

7. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe you quoted the wrong post :p I didn't post about social links. I was putting forward the argument that one should focus on both off and on page optimisation as well as creating a backlink portfolio.

Google to put more emphasis on social networks? I highly doubt it. They are spammed left-right and centre, and it will be extremely difficult to determine what websites are more suited to different term searches through Facebook say, where the majority of people use it for Farmville, and Twitter is used to provide the public as to when you're re-visiting the toilet.

8. jsingerston

jsingerston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Richard. I did quote the wrong post.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They might surprise us, jsingerston previously posted a link to a very interesting video from Matt Cutts, where he discusses how Google are giving more value to links posted by certain users of Twitter and FaceBook who have good "reputation" than to others. You can view the video below;

[YOUTUBE]ofhwPC-5Ub4[/YOUTUBE]

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a high PR is not always the first thing to consider in ranking on Google. Although you need to build backlinks in order to gain internet presence, there are still alot to consider. Like having a good content, using on-page and off-page SEO, having good keywords and many more.

Well, that can only mean one thing. These so-called SEO company do is spam your links everywhere for you to pay them.
    It's not always good to rely everything on these "seo companies". It's still much better if you work on it personally.

11. steveryan

steveryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also see what Michelle Mac has to say about the google algo changes ahead in regard to social media factors.

http://www.michellemacphearson.com/massive-seo-social-media-changes-ahead/

12. bonitasen

bonitasen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wonderful post for backlinks. It will definitely increase your page rank if got from fine sources.

13. jaymatt

jaymatt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are very much important for any SEO service. There are lot of ways to have high PR backlinks. I would like to say here,in link building quality and relevancy is most important.So we should always try to get backlinks only form relevant websites.Use all link building techniques and place links only on do follow,high PR and relevant websites. and the one that is valuable an d i m also using for last couple of months is via site http://SeoDataService.com which provides high PR back links in a very short span you must try this .

14. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are the "it" thing now...but I am sure Google will change that in the future. With it so easy to get backlinks they will come up with a new system to rank sites. Google Plus is now becoming big so i am sure that will play a role in rankings soon enough. The more people who like your site, the higher the rankings. just sucks if you are not ranked but have a good site and good info, nobody will get a chance to like your site :(

15. ervin15

ervin15
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a high PR is not always the first thing to consider in ranking on Google. Although you need to build backlinks in order to gain internet presence, there are still alot to consider. Like having a good content, using on-page and off-page SEO, having good keywords and many more.

16. Jashandeep

Jashandeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making a back links is not a big deal in SEo world but making a quality back links is an achievement in seo.Target do-follow and high PR sites for back links.

17. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think they will put emphasis to it this year. Especially that more and more people are becoming more socially active online. Even Google Analytics has a Social Media tracking.

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True. Many "experts" advises newbies to concentrate on getting a high PageRank rather than traffic which is more beneficial than PageRank.

19. harjos

harjos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Strategies for getting proper backlinks

If you want to have more backlinks for your website stick to the next few steps:
    - Submit articles with a link to your site to any popular article links directory
    - Discuss high page rank blogs that allow “do-follow” links
    - Discuss forum topics on sites that allow “do-follow” links or signatures
    - Do not spam or write topic irrelevant content just for the sake of posting
    - Give an opinion and expand the subject
    - Write quality content

20. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends what is your purpose. if you looking for traffic (referral traffic), then go to high traffic site. However, when you are looking for PR juice or get crawl fast, then high PR site is the choice