Advanced Technical SEO Aspects?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mark.Sanchez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Got some wonderful points of technical seo. Good guide for all!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Where? Was there supposed to be more to your post, that was inadvertently left out?

3. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe that was the post..I got a secret and you dont know LOL!

4. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess I'll go ahead and throw something in here. Never use more than one <h1> header tag on a page. Words towards the front of a url (close to the http) are given more importance than words towards the end of a url.

5. hidrick

hidrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice invisible guide!!! i'm so excited ))))

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword Cannibalization. I am not sure if it is quite a technical aspect but I am sure it is worth sharing.

Keyword Cannibalization is the aggressive use of one keyword to certain pages of a website. Say for example, You have a website for super heroes. On the main page, you used the keyword "superhero profiles" as one of your main keywords. Then, on your Batman page, you also inserted the keyword "superhero profiles".

Here comes the problem, which is sometimes what SEO and other webmasters tend to overlook in optimizing their pages.

When Google spider crawls your site, it read your meta keywords which help them determine what that certain page is all about. When Google crawled your pages, He saw your homepage and your Batman page having the same keyword "superhero profiles". Google will get confused as to what page will it give authority for the keyword "superhero profiles".

The problem is when Google gives the authority to the wrong page, thus it will be the one to show up on SERPs for the keyword, or possibly rank the page higher than the page where the keyword should have been targeted to. As the term also suggest, it would appear like battling your own pages over one keyword. The solution is to put unique keywords for every of your page and set only the keyword that are related to those pages.

Thanks,

7. Jashandeep

Jashandeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to reduce the use of images in the website .Not use much flash on the website.

8. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right now there are 3 things you really need to worry about.
    • Fresh Content - Update your content as often as you can. Write it yourself, don't use any software to spin articles.
    • High Quality Inbound Links - The quality of the sites that link back to you need to meet Google's standards or you get penalized.
    • Low Ad Ratio - If you have a bunch of ads at the top of your website, move them farther down the page or take them off.