AdsLotto Review Please

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Fergal, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's your opinion on http://www.adslotto.com ? My plan is to make it a really popular classified advertising site, where thousands of ads are posted every day. Something along the lines of CraigsList.

Any feedback or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like adsloto alot, the idea is good and I'm sure you can make it big and everyone of this BAF forum should contribute as much as possible, BAF has helped us alot im sure The adsloto will also be just as good if not better then this. See you guys at the 5 Million mark on Adsloto.

3. Chris Grigg

Chris Grigg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good idea, just hope you're able to give the 1million for the reward when 5 million is actually reached. :)

4. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Review

As you know I've already joined and have tried to start a few discussions. I've already made quite a few posts and must say I'm really enjoying being a part of the forum. I can definitely see a lot of potential in Ads Lotto.

Design & Setup - Firstly I really like the fact that the forum is XenForo, this shows good intentions by investing in professional software early on. There are a lot of great features with XenForo and it simply makes the forum a better place to be for your members. The design itself has grown on me a little since joining, it's simple but quite professional. The logo could perhaps be a little bigger but it's a nice, appealing design. Like I've already mentioned, changing the default icons on the main page (e.g. for 'new posts') would be another improvement. Overall the forum is looking good.

The Concept - Obviously the idea is brilliant although I'm still unsure how you can possibly be certain you'll generate $1,000,000 from the site in time for the prize draw. I've already pointed this out, I know, but when I tried to advertise the forum people simply refused to believe anyone would give away a big cash sum like that over the internet. It's easy to see why people believe this is just another scam and that the site could close early on before the draw is done. I can see you've already listened to my idea of smaller competitions (which are great by the way) which help prove your legitimacy. Either way, there's always going to be doubters, but personally I believe in the whole idea and hope to get as many entries as I can. I'll certainly be sticking around as long as possible.

Moving forwards - Most of the forums members are from this forum or your other site, Forum Promotion. That's great as these are both big forums, but the forum needs to start bringing in members from other locations. Like I mentioned, I've been trying to encourage others to signup and be a part of the community, but most people seem to be reluctant as they don't know you and - despite me pointing out I've received payments from you in the past - can't believe it's true. I'll keep working on promoting the site, but obviously a big promotion plan is needed to bring in members. The potential for an incredible site is there if you can get enough members.

I'm sure your site will be successful and I wish you the best of luck with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the concept is great. I can see it attracting lots of advertisers, those to post ads and those to pay for ad spaces :)

One minor thing: The header and logo fonds seem small. I personally like the format here better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions everyone.

7. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks like an interesting concept Fergal. The only thing I highly advise you to do is to make your forum have a custom theme of sorts, like you do here. While the default theme can look professional, a custom theme can both reflect the needs of your forum and attract users. It will also help further your claim that you are serious about giving away 1 Million Dollars, as that would be more believable on a site that looks like a default theme.

If we are going to talk other design elements of your forum, I agree with Biz. The header and logo do seem a bit small. I would recommend making it bigger.

8. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The forum seems to be growing pretty quickly. It's definitely doing well and I hope it continues to improve.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone. I plan on adding a new theme in the near future, however, I'm holding off customising the forum until I become more familiar with the forum software the site runs on.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I like the concept, but I am seeing ads similar to those on the BAF Cash Exchange, i.e, purchasing, selling, or requesting Facebook likes, Twitter followers, forum posts, etc. If you want to be taken seriously (like Craigslist) by real businesses that provide tangible merchandise or actual services, or the people looking for same, I would not allow these types of ads.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that those kinds of ads should perhaps be listed in a different section, although I'm sure Fergal always planned on splitting the ads up once the forum became more active. I don't see the need in banning them completely, especially whilst the forum is so new. At this stage the site is unlikely to grow very quickly if this option is removed. Right now the site just needs ads of some kind to be posted to bring in new members and help the forum grow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess XenForo is a new software for you. That's the only major software I haven't used as an administrator or moderator. Good to hear you have plans on a new theme though.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

@joeroxx thanks for the feedback. As Jay says, we will create separate advertising sections for those type of offers as we grow and develop. By the way, Craigslist has lots of ads offering that type of service.

Thanks Jack, yes it is new software for me and it will take me a little time to learn my way round it.

Further feedback and suggestions would be most welcome.

14. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's nice, clean and looks professional. I signed up there few days before. I am looking forward to make more posts there. I see features like "Like" button, Alert, trophies and points system. So much functions in a forum, that is very handy to attract users. I think AdsLotto has a long way to go and I think it will be one of the busiest forum in Internet world.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although I have heard of Craigslist, I have never had a reason to visit, and now I have a reason not to. My concern in your case is that many of those who sell Facebook likes, Twitter followers, etc., are simply using it as a way to make money, and do not care what detrimental effect a client's purchase may have on the client's page or account. Quite a few of the "followers" or "likes" being sold are not even real. Allowing the placement of these ads, therefore, may be seen as endorsing unethical behavior, and can have a detrimental effect on your site as well. I can understand your desire to help the forum grow, but, as any business knows, it is easier to grow a good reputation than it is to repair a bad one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks devilbatista, glad you like it :)

Thanks for the feedback joeroxx, I will give that some thought. We do have the statement below on the site, but I do see where you are coming from.

17. Alan Robinson

Alan Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its a good concept and i like the fact you have invested hard earned money into the site. I think you should use a diff theme but like you said once you are used to it yourself you will do.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback, I will customise the site theme in the future.

19. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal: Is there feature in Adslotto like Latest posts which can be placed below the forum?

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not sure about that devilbatista, I will look into it and see what we can add. Thanks for the suggestion.