ADSENSE Query: Will These Put Me into Trouble?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GekiDan, May 4, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been receiving offers on links and/or RSS feeds posted on my blog leading to sites like "watch anime online" or "watch movies online." And I have been publishing Adsense and if you read before, I got a warning regarding copyright issues.

This one is an example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/AnimeFushigi

Will these links lead me to trouble?

2. aapkae

aapkae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes it will put you in risk,better be careful regarding this

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan, I really can't see that putting that feed on your site would do any harm and I don't see anything in the Google AdSense Program Policies that would prohibit it.

Were you contacted by anyone at Google regarding that? If so they will have some familiarity with your site, it would be worth emailing them back and ask them if they would disapprove of those feeds on your site.

On what basis do you say that aapkae, do you happen to have a link with further info for reference?

4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the site in question (as it appears) is breaching copyright, and Dan is then in turn breaching copyright on his site by republishing it, he would in theory be in breach of the search engine guidelines and potentially in a difficult legal situation should it come to it - I'm not sure where the axe would fall there to be honest, it's an area I've never had to deal with *touch wood*.

I've heard as many cases of sites being pulled from AdSense in the last month as I have in the previous six months (could be a coincidence, I've not looked at official figures to be honest), so I'd be relatively careful about displaying ads next to questionable material you can't stand over.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the clarification Paul, I agree with you fully, it would be unwise to put anything on your site that breaches copyright or that is illegal in any other way.

6. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, rereading Dan's post, I think I picked him up wrong originally.

If the copyright issue wasn't directly in relation to the syndicated feed (if I remember, it was to do with a downloads section?), you might not have anything to worry about with the syndicated feeds.

Obviously the point remains that from both an adwords and (potentially, again, it's not an area I've any knowledge of) legal point of view you need to take care what content is appearing on your site, but if the original issue was resolved moving the content then I've no reason to believe one of the feeds is in breach of copyright. (Having said that, you've seen how easy it is to fall the wrong side of that yourself, so hard to know which webmasters you can trust not to accidentally breach the rules)

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Paul for the reply.
    So there's a possibility that I "could" post a feed of the download section to the main site so it will not remain hidden?
    I think I'll just ask the guys at Google forum just to sure.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan the issue is not the fact that you are putting a feed on your site, the real issue is concerning the content that feed is putting on your site. For example you would be find putting a feed from Business Advice Forum on your site, because our content is compliant with Google Adsense's terms and conditions, hence a feed from Business Advice Forum would not put any content on your site that would be a cause for concern.

On the other hand you would most likely run into problems if you put a feed from an adult or a hacking site onto your blog. This is because adult and hacking content is against Google Adsense's terms and conditions. If you put that content onto your site, whether it was by way of a feed or some other method, Google would not want their Adsense ads displayed there.

9. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes they will lead you to trouble.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

On what basis do you say that Yanni?

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Got some reply on Google Help forum. The guys said that I can't post it there.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

By that, I'm assuming you are referring to putting the feed on your site?

Did they give you a reason GekiDan?

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep. That is. They told me about copyright and such.

14. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the downloads section contains copyrighted material (you don't have the rights to use), then aye. You can't have that appear on any page where adsense ads are showing.

Keeping it on a separate subdomain seems a good solution to this. Is it causing you any problems Dan? Or just curiosity on your part?