Adsense on Wallpaper Blog?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GekiDan, Feb 14, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yesterday, I started to think of making a new blog which will generally feature different wallpapers that is related to my current niche. And of course, it will be easier to manage than my current blog.

What I'm thinking is, will Adsense be allowed to show up on a wallpaper blog?
    I'll be using the Blogger platform since I'm very familiar with it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan you can read the Google AdSense Program Policies here. I really can't see why you would not be allowed to publish Adsense ads on a blog like that, providing that the wallpapers are all legal, do not infringe on copyright and do not include adult related content.

It will also be important for you to include the Adsense ads in locations where they will not be confused with the site content, for example it would be very important that they are included in such a way that users don't mistakenly click on them when trying to download wallpapers.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. I'll have the ad layout similar to my current blog which is one sidebar, and one in-content.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like Fergal said, be careful with the way you place your ads. You may have 4 thumbnails for wallpapers per row (example) and have the 4th thumbnail be a Google Adsense ad, so it may appear confusing if it looks like another wallpaper link. It may not be your intention to confuse users, but I believe Google will not give you the benefit of the doubt if it were to happen.

Also, I did a quick Google search and there are plenty of high ranking wallpaper sites with Adsense on them so it should be fine.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks DavidL. I only plan to put the ads on the sidebar and just one below the post.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wallpaper is fine as long as you are not involved in copyright issue. However, wallpaper is known as low pay niche on adsense, you gotta get alot of traffic before you can gain good money

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its allowed.but you should probably added text to each entry or maybe 300 words of description to each wallpaper and it will definitely help for search engine's eyes. I have a blog of this kind myself before and it was great. I sold it though.